Chapter 7- Para

Mom went to work, and my brother is out with his girlfriend. Rimmy is laying at the edge of my bed while I listen to my music. Rimmy is a small Yorkshire Terroir, about the size of a medium bunny. Sundays were always quiet for me. A knock in the door startled me. I pat Rimmy on the head and head down stairs.

I open the door and and wave.

"Para, it's me. Justin." I feel my eyes widen as I try to see his face, but being blind I have no such luck. "I know your blind and don't talk but ummm.... I was wondering if I can hang out with you. I... Uh... Kind of miss you..." I gesture for him to come in. I cluck my tongue and Rimmy comes running down to greet his old friend.

"Rimmy! I missed you, boy!" Justin's says. A small smile forms on my mouth. It was good to hear Justin's voice. I tap my foot twice. I listen to his paws as he leads me to the living room.

"It hasn't changed." Justin whispers. I shake my head. I sit on the couch and stare straight ahead. I feel him sit beside me.

"I miss you, Para. I miss your voice. I miss your smile. I miss hanging out with you. Please talk to me. I need to hear your voice." He pleads. I don't say anything. My lips make a tight line. "Please.... I won't tell anybody." I open my mouth but then fear has me clench it shut again. I shake my head.

"Do you remember your 5th birthday? When someone showed up and insulted me? You punched him in the face and started calling him a jerk. You were so feisty..." I smile a little bit at the memory. I miss being able to talk. Justin sits quietly. I wanted to hear speak. I wanted to hear more of what he remembers about our friendship. I open my mouth to tell him to tell me more, but fear and memories make me shut my mouth again as a painful memory surfaces.

******flashback******

My fathers cold hands grip me, nails digging into my skin. His eyes wild and feral.

"You are not my daughter! You are a monster that has to be stopped! you have to be stopped!" My father screams as he takes out a whip, the one I am becoming familiar with. He whips me to see me change, hoping the pain will be to great that I lose control.

"Daddy! I am still me! I am your daughter! please!" pain travels across my back, I feel the warm blood travel down my back, turning cold. The was like a thousand bolts going down your back and then being set on fire. Agony was in every part of my back. "I love you daddy!" Another pain, a scream leaves me. "I want mommy..." I whimper.

"Words won't help you. Words are pointless. Worthless." He says as another pain goes up my back. I whimper and grip the cloth underneath me.

"Daddy!" I groan out. Stars dance in front of my eyes.

"Shut up!"

******different flashback****

"Can you tell me what happened?" The kind officer asks me. I stare at the table, debating what I should say. What can I say? I was kidnapped for being a werewolf. I open my mouth to begin my long lie when my fathers words ring in my head.

"Words are pointless. Worthless." I watch the police officer, who is waiting patiently,

What good will telling him do? What can they do for me? Can they make me forget? No. Can they make it hurt less? No. Will they believe the lie that I was about to feed him? No. My father is right. Words are worthless.

Words mean nothing. Talking is nothing. Why should I speak? What will it matter? That's just it. It won't.

I can't talk anymore. The pain is to much. The words too worthless. Speaking gets me hurt and I fear what the words will bring me.

"Para? Can you tell me what happened?" He asks, I shake my head.

****end of flashback****

Tears well up at the memory. Pain was something I am use to. I live with it everyday. Words at pointless. Worthless. I know that, but I miss them. For the first time... I want to speak. I want the words to mean something. Anything. Maybe I can make them mean something. Maybe I can't. Talking is one thing. Words are another.

Words don't have to mean something do they? I want them too... I want the words that come out of my mouth to matter. Talking is something I want but am afraid of doing. For so long I have kept my mouth shut tight.

Should I talk to Justin? Would the words mean anything to him?

"I also remember that Sunday before you... Stopped talking... We were having a ball. You were so spirited. We just got back from the creek and we caught a little frog. We named Toad. I loved that little frog. You remember that?" I smile at the memory. I think the words would mean something. To him and to me.

"Y-yes." My voice is cracked, and dry from unuse. Justin gasps.

"You...talked...?" I swallow and try again.

"Yes." It was only slightly clearer. I feel his arms curl around me and I tense up.

"Oh Para! You talked for me!" I felt something wet on my shoulder and realized he was crying. He quickly pulled apart and apologized. I had forgotten how a hug felt. It felt good. I reached my hand out, wanting to feel his face again. His hand grabbed mine and put it towards his face. His face was slightly scruffy, way different form when he was a kid. A sigh escaped my lips.

"I-I miss you too." I whispered. His palm cupped my cheek. I jumped back scared

"Shhh... It's okay. It's okay.." Tears well up.

"I talked..." I whispered. Oh god... What have I done? He pulls me into his chest, where I curl up. Needing his comfort. Needing his touch.

"Yes, you did. It's okay. Say my name... Please."

"Justin." I whisper, I feel something wet slide down my cheek. I am crying.

"Thank you."

"Say my name..." I ask.

"Para." He replies, I shake my head.

"My whole name..."

"Paradise." His arms tightened around me, enveloping within him.

We spend the day doing nothing. Watching movies or in my case... Hearing them. He is telling me all about he things I missed when I broke away from him. He would ask me questions but I don't answer. I have talked enough today. All I know is... I have Justin back. My best friend. Around five o'clock he left. My mother came home a little later.

My mother is a small women who prefers things to always have a place. She had a soft spot for small animals, especially bunnies. Mom and I use to be really close, until dad did what he did and he ended up in prison. She stood up for him, and then we just... Broke away. She sighs in the kitchen as I stood quietly. Suddenly her voice rang out.

"Do you want something, honey?" She asks gently.

"I love you, mommy." I whisper. I hear something drop.

"What did you say?" Her voice shaky and surprised.

"I love you."

"You talked..." I nod. I tense when I feel her walk closer, afraid of pain... But instead I feel softness. I finally hugged my mom again.

"I love you too..." She whispers in my ear.

Please comment!!! And review!!!!! I really want feed back!!!!!! Thanks!!!!