Chapter 23- Rowan

The kiss was soft and gentle but I wanted more. I don't want him to be gentle. I deepen the kiss and let my hands run through his hair. He moans and I smile. This wolf is testing my limits. His arms pull my unto his lap and I shift so that way he has more access. I soon break a part.

"Luka... Why did you...?" He smiles slightly, his head cocked in a wolffish way.

"I guess because you are so beautiful..." He twirls a a piece of my red hair around his finger. I push away from him.

"There is no signs that we are mates... Other than this attraction and pull but that's not enough." Sadness radiates from him, causing my heart to hurt.

"Rowan..." I hold up my hand..

"I don't need a mate in my life right now anyway. I just found a new pack. I don't need a mate..." I stand and begin to head back to the pack house. His voice stops me.

"I thought that I was in love with Para but you... You are among my wolf sing and prance... Don't break me..." I take a deep breath.

"Goodbye Luka." I walk away.

****

I decide to go for my run. That's the whole reason for this mess that Luka and I created. I jog and then build up speed. I hear a twig crack behind me and run faster, I hear something chasing me. I push myself to the limits and then suddenly turn and kick my chaser. She falls to the ground with a growl.

"Ow!" Para yells. My heart was racing. I grab my chest and and sigh in relief.

"Para! I am so sorry but you scared the crap out of me!" She smiles slightly and I help her up.

"Sorry. I saw what happened." Para said. I sigh.

"Why were you following me?"

"I was the one suppose to be doing the cheering up. Unfortunately it didn't involve a kiss." She says with a smirk. I glare at her.

"I didn't want the kiss..." She looks at me with the 'cut the crap'. I sigh.

"Okay... maybe I DID like it... But that doesn't mean anything. You heard what he said. He said it was my fault that my pack is dead. I already know that. I don't need him to remind me." I say bitterly. Para puts her arm around me.

"Luka was wrong to say that. It's not your fault."

"Para there is no mating signs. He isn't mine. Does my wolf like him? Yes. Does she like him a lot? Heck yeah. Is he mine? No. Therefore I won't let my heart be broken by someone like him. I just can't let it happen. I am not strong enough for that." Para rolls her eyes.

"You are stronger than you think." With that, she leaves. I continue my run till I can no longer run. I head back to Paras house. Mrs. Summers, Para, And Luka are all eating breakfast. I hold my head high and don't meet Lukas broken eyes.

"Where is my brother?"

"Talking to his mate!" Para says. My jaw drops.

"Rafe doesn't have a mate." Luka meets my eyes, I couldn't look away.

"Lilly. They were hanging out and they clicked." Hurt washed through me.

"Why didn't he tell me?" Luka shrugs. It seems like everybody has a mate but me. I clench my teeth and go up to our room. I bust through the door to see Lilly and Rafe lip locked. I cross my arms they break a part, shock all over there faces. My brother never has done that to me.

Kept something from me like this. There kiss reminded me of Luka, causing jealousy to rise.

"How dare you not tell me! I am your sister, Rafe!" He stands and tries to reason with me.