Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

         My eyes strained when I opened them to bright lights. I panicked as I realized where I was. I was in my least favorite place, which was a hospital. I looked around. Ariel slept on a couch in the corner on my left side, and Liam sat on the edge of my bed, holding my hand. He looked like he was praying. When he saw me, tears flooded in his eyes. Tears started to flood in my eyes too. Why? Because I was so thankful and happy to be alive and to see Liam’s beautiful face. I guess it was just another amazing miracle from God.

         I must’ve had some type of heart attack. I tried to lean over to kiss him, but Liam grunted. “Just rest baby. You’ve been through way too much. Maybe a little later.” He said sweetly. I sighed, but listened anyways. Ariel woke up and looked in my direction. Her worried little eyes lit up. She ran to the bed, jumped up, and embraced me. “Don’t EVER do that again!” she yelled. The door to the room opened. Jewl, Obie, Jade, and Story poured in and hugged me.

         “You can’t scare us like that.” Obie said sternly. The sun was shining very bright through the window, and it was getting in everyone’s eyes. “Since I can’t MOVE," I shot a look at Liam. “Ariel, can you please go shut the blinds? The sun is VERY bright.” I said. Ariel gracefully skipped to the window. Then she stopped suddenly. Her eyes widened in terror. I was worried. “Ariel?” I asked, suspicious of what was going on. She quickly closed the blinds and the curtains and ran towards me. “Someone is on to us.” She whispered.