Chapter-22

Sona kept messaging Dev about her whereabouts as she drove to Grand Palace with Rolli. She  took a deep breath feeling relived finally being able to be free.  Her heart clenched recalling Vikram,she too had been rude with him for so long . She had loved him for years but she couldn't stand the wrong his family did with her brother.

All she wished was a happy life for Vikram. She recalled their first fight, she had said that he would one day break her instead here she was, on her way to breaking her heart. Huffing she turned her eyes to Rolli,and she was filled with guilt. Whatever happened, Rolli wasn't at fault, the pain of heart break was written all over face.

''I am sorry about what Anna....''  Sona's flow of words ended abruptly when Rolli lifted her palm to silence her. 

''He is a past and will stay there. But if he ever tried to cross my present, I will forget he is related to you.'' Sona could feel the fire Rolli ha in her. She decided to end the discussion , she would out by evening and she no more had to worry about Rathores harming her or her family.

***

Dev checked the message from his aid, Netra had made sure he wasn't alone in the enemy territory. He dialed him, ''Listen, stay close and when I signal we all leave. For now, I don't want violence.'' He ended the call after giving few more instructions.

Moving to the window he looked around when his eyes landed on two female figures. He was at height and that made impossible for him to recognize by face but hammering of his heart told him it was Rolli. How he wished they were just normal people who had met under normal circumstances. How he wished for one chance to be with her again. He knew better, it wasn't easy and there was no possibility of the same in the future. They were arch enemies and nothing would change that.

Dev walked backwards , stopping when he reached the opposite wall. Leaning against it, he shut his eyes to calm his heart. There was no time for emotions, he had to rescue his sister and come back to avenge his father. Moving to the dresser, he started putting his disguise again. He couldn't take chances till Sona was free of Rathores.

Dev made his way down to the restaurant as per the plan, he had messaged the same to Sona and had asked her to stay close. Moving to a table he ordered a black coffee, pulling the newspaper on his face as he noticed Sona walking in , his eyes moved to the door to find Rolli but she wasn't around. 'You have moved on too quick Princess! Not good'

''Sona, what are you doing here?'' A female voice took his attention, he peeped over the newspaper folding it at a corner a bit. He blinked at the middle age woman dressed in a silk saree and pearl jewelry .  She had an angelic appearance, he could make out that she would have been one most beautiful in her bloom.

''Mom...I just came to see Vikram.'' Sona stammered and Dev realized the woman he was looking at was his aunt, the infamous Suryagarh Princess who got her father and brother butchered by her husband's family. His knuckles turned white as he gripped the lifeless paper hard. He explained his heart that he wasn't here for the fight, he was here for his sister who now looked too nervous. Dev didn't miss her shaking arms, he was beyond angry. He was sure that his baby sister was being treated cruelly. He made another note to teach them a lesson about the same.

Sona would time and again steal glances at him and he blinked once assuring her. She calmed immediately. 

''What are you doing here mom?'' Sona's voice broke his thoughts

''Few of NGO girls have joined the room service department, I am here to check if they are settled.'' After few exchange of words Dipika walked away patting Sona's cheek. Sona took a breather . Walking to the table just behind Dev, she slipped into the chair with her back to him.