Chapter-42

'Neelambari's house buzzed with activity from the moment Sun lightened up the sky. The two Royal's were ready to bind their kids into an unbreakable bond.

The Rathores decided to dress in the clothes gifted by the bride's family. It was a small gesture to make Sona smile. Ranvijay still felt guilty that Vikram shot his wife.

Neelambari smiled as the family gathered in the hall. ''Thank you! Your gesture of letting things happen as per our rituals means a lot to us.''

''And your family giving Vikram another chance means a lot to us,'' Ranvijay replied. The old scion smiled. Off all the decision her granddaughter made, the best was to choose the family who valued family bonds.The two families drove to the family temple to seek the blessing of the deity.

''We call this ritual as Pandha Kaal Muhurtham. : It is a common belief that evil spells can harm the bride-to-be and groom-to-be. Thus, it is important to pray to the divine and seek his blessings for an undisturbed wedding process.'' Neelambari explained.

The two families offered their prayers, each requesting the divine to bless their kids with a beautiful marriage.

Neelambari went ahead explaining the rituals to the family. Dipika expressed her desire to be a part of it and Neelambari readily agreed.

She explained the significance of the next Ritual PAALIKAI THELLICHAL , followed by NISHCHAYATHARTHAM .

''So we do the formal engagement today?'' Ananya asked excitedly

Neelambari nodded making Ananya clap in delight. The family had dreams of doing everything for their firstborn and their prayers seemed to get answered in a beautiful way. The Rathore women got excited and questioned Neelambari in detail as the men decided to escape.

The evening turned beautiful as the two families offered the first invitation to the Lord Ganesha, the elders declared the marriage agreement once again filling the room up with cheers and applauds.

Jyoti walked Sona into the room, seating her on the dais. Dressed in an orange silk saree, Sona looked like the first ray of Sun. She kept her eyes to her locked fingers into her lap.

After a moment she felt something on her head, Sona lifted her eyes to have them locked with that of Vikram's grandmother, . ''You belong to us now, and I promise to take care of you.'' Sona blinked her happy tears.

Next was Ananya who gave Sona gifts and suggesting to never address her as an aunt. ''I officially give you the right to call me A.'' Sona chuckled, Ananya tucked the strand of hair behind her ear, ''And in Jaigarh, I am your mother hereon.'' Sona watched the lady who once scared her, lifting her arms she wrapped them around Ananya whispering thanks.

Dipika was the last one, she gave Sona a tight hug before the gifts, ''I promise to love and support you through everything.'' Sona kissed Dipika's palm

Neelambari, Aadhavan too blessed and adorned Vikram with gifts with the other elders of the estate and family.

Finally, it was the turn of siblings. Rolli walked to her sister in law with a big smile on her lips, ''I am supposed to be gifting you this doll as a ritual to welcome you in the family as my sister but I have an addition to it.'' Sona looked confused, Rolli smiled leaning closer, ''bless me with a niece as beautiful as this doll and remember, I asked for a niece.''

Sona turned beetroot hearing her sister in law's demand. Rolli laughed, pecking Sona's head she walked back to join her family.

Dev smiled watching Rolli. This was the first time she had dressed up so girly. She had chosen a bright yellow half saree with traditional jewelry and flowers in hair.