Chapter 69

The bride and Groom's family sat together for a lavish breakfast the next morning of the wedding. Neelambari sipped the ginger tea smiling to self. ''next time, I will bring along tea and coffee from my estate. You will love it.''

''Sure, we will.'' Shivangi Rathore replied

''The reception is tomorrow; I hope to see you all to bless the new couple.''

''We will be there, and thanks. You and your family made everything special for Dev.'' Ranvijay's voice came in respect. The elder lady smiled, ''You don't have to thank me for being there for my own child. Dev is my own and this is reason Dev and Aahana will have to come to my estate, then I will believe the all rituals completed. The Rathores nodded, in some time their beloved daughter was going to leave Jaigarh for her new home. Their hearts were happy yet pained.

Rolli moved from one room to the other, collecting all her scattered memories. She smiled recalling the moments she would claim all the toys and would hide behind her uncle and grandfather. She always took the advantage of being only girl child and was quite successful in that.

She locked the door behind her, moving towards her great grand mother's  suite. Her eyes  softened at her great grandmother's picture.    She touched the base; ''I will make you proud.'' Dressed in bright yellow traditional attire, she had kept the jewelry  minimal. She had chose to wear the head piece, heavy bangles , a pair of anklet and her wedding chain. Rolli brushed her fingers along the armrest of Rudrani Devi's chair, sitting on it next minute. Her fingers dug into the leather of the chair. She suddenly felt powerful and next minute she smiled. Rudrani Devi did had a effect on every one.

Stepping out she came face to face with Vikram. ''Hey Vicky.'' He just smiled, his eyes slightly red. ''Hey, are you crying.''

''Yes! My shadow, my friend, my sister is leaving.'' His voice came horse.  She pulled his cheeks, wrapping her arms around him. ''I am going to miss you too.'' He held on to his younger sister for long. ''If you need me, just don't hesitate.''

''You really think I will. I  got married, I am not changing a bit.'' He smiled cupping her small face. ''Her Highness, Queen Ahana Dev Singh.''

''No, I am representing Chachi. She is and will remain the Queen.'' Vikram smiled, his mother had different plans. He pulled her closer walking her to the room where all waited for the Princess. 

With heavy heart, her family started the ritual to bid adieu to their loving  Princess. Rolli followed the instructions, throwing fistful of rice behind her as she stepped forward. Tears came streaming down as her eyes met with each member of her family. She hugged her grandparents sobbing like a child. ''You are a fighter, and you can do amazing things.'' Giriraj Singh reminded his grand daughter. She nodded. 

Veer decided to hold his tears, she filled the space of daughter but giving her a teary farewell would make her cry more. He could never take her tears. Veer pecked her forehead. ''Just a call away.'' She nodded.

Ananya seemed to have lost all her words, she just stood holding her loving daughter tightly in her embrace as mother daughter sobbed. Ananya hated that her daughter grew up to fast. Ranvijay took a step, pulling the duo in his arms. He pecked Rolli on the top her head, walking her to the waiting vehicle. ''She is my pride Dev, take care of her.'' Dev stepped forward, hugging Ranvijay. He didn't know why he did that but tears that his wife has shed made him weak.

Ranvijay walked his daughter in the vehicle, her brothers stood behind the vehicle to perform the final  ritual. It was the custom that brothers shouldered palanquin of sister. Rolli pecked Vansh's cheek. ''Be a good boy.'' He nodded, not ready to look into her eyes. He had been hiding for long to hide his tears but now, it seemed impossible.  Stepping forward, he hugged his sister tight. ''I love you.''