Chapter 16 (Part 1)

I could hear some voices, someone was crying. I opened my eyes but shut it, since it was so bright. I finally opened my eyes after opening and closing them so many times. Where was I?

I could see my mom crying, Aunt Emily consoling her, dad and uncle Michael talking about something serious. I looked all over the places where my eyes could go but I couldn't see Nick. Where is he? My train of thoughts went on and on until..

"Ava! Oh my God! Child thank god you are awake" Aunt Emily said to me.

Everyone started looking at me, actually staring.

"Hi guys" I spoke slowly. At this they broke from their trance.

I sat up and mom hugged me too tightly crying.

"Mamma I cant breathe" I told her.

"Oh I am sorry hon. You scared me to death. I thought I lost you this time. When will you stop making me worry. It has not been long and now this" She started crying.

"Mom. I am ok now. Please stop crying"
I said to her .

"Aunty please ask her to stop crying"

"Ahh by the way can I have some food I am feeling hungry." I said smiling at them.

"Sure, you guys talk, we will bring you some food" She said and left with mom.

"Ok kiddo, since your temper is back I think you are fine" dad said jokingly to me but I can see that he was worried and scared.

"Can you tell me what happened here?" He asked me.

I couldn't tell them about killer. They would worry to death . For now I'll just lie to them . I need to talk to Uncle Michael. I thought

"Umm after retiring to my bed. I was awaken suddenly. I saw a man was going through my cupboard. I knew that he was a thief. Since I learned few of the judo moves . I tried to tackle him . But he was quite strong . But I think I broke his nose though . Before I could catch him you guys came and he fled and I lost consciousness" I said to them. Uncle Michael gave me a look . He knew I was lying but didn't said a word.

"So did you see him ? What did he looked like Ava?" Uncle Michael asked me.

"It was too dark. I couldn't see his face. He was covered from head to toe there was nothing strange. He was well built."

"Hon! can you come here for a second" my mom called my dad over.

"Coming. I'll go, now take a rest. Will talk it about later" He said kissing me my forehead.
He left the room.

"Now tell me the truth Ava. I want to know every single detail don't miss out anything"

"Yes detective but before that I need you show something."

I stood up and checked if anyone was coming . I searched here and there but couldn't find the box. Only one spot is left. I bent down and looked under my bed. There it is. Thank you Nick. You are a life saviour.

I took out the box and handed it to him.

"What is it Ava?"

"Check it out !!"

He opened the box and there was a look of surprise and tormented. He closed the box .

"What is it Ava? Did that guy left it here?" He asked me seriously.

"Detective after what I tell you, you might be shocked but keep this from my parents. I am involved in it, but I dont want them to be in danger"

"This is the eye of the sixth victim : Lauren Pehman. The guy who came to my room was the killer you are finding" I told him.

He looked at me sharply. "What are you talking about"

I told him everything from clicking pictures without his knowing to the attacking part except about Nick, I told him everything.

He listened to me carefully without missing a beat.

"Ava how could you do that? That is illegal dont you know? If someone knows about it you'll get suspended from school" He said to me.

"I know all about this. I just want to help someone, don't ask me who, I'll tell you about him later"

"Ava I told you this is not for you. This is the reason why I told you to stay away from this case but you... you could have been killed"

"Uncle I know. I have dissappointed you. I am sorry. But since I am already a part of it I need to solve it till the end. You know I won't rest until I find this guy" I said to him determined.

"I know, but I can't allow you, it's dangerous. Don't you understand? It a psychopath we are after not a simple murderer. It's our job not yours"

"I know. Uncle next year I'll become a police officer. If I get scared and leave everything right now and don't do anything, it would be shame on me . I don't deserve to become one then" I said to him.

"So please allow me to work under you. I promise I won't cause any trouble"