Chapter 18 (Part 2)

"What's is it?, calm down first"

"Captain, the killer has killed another women"

"We got a call a little while ago that a body is found in the house by housekeeper. But the the most disturbing thing...

"Don't stop, tell me clearly what is it?" He said in stern voice.

He took a deep breath and said "The body is found six houses after Ava's home."

"Oh my God" I said shaking. I don't want to show that I am little scared. Nick took a hold of me grabbing me from both side preventing me in case I fell down.

"Are you okay?" He said concerned

"Yes, I am fine" I said whispering.

"Let's go! There is no time to waste! Take our men and follow me. Ava I think you should stay here" ye said

"No, I'll be fine, I'll come with you" I said to him.

"Ok then follow me"

I, Nick and uncle went in his car and other officers followed us behind.

We soon reached the site. The yellow tape was sticked on the front gate . We went through it .

"Good morning captain!!" Officer said saluting him.

He nodded and asked where the body was.

He said " It's in the kitchen, please follow me."

We crossed the yellow tape at the entrance and went inside. There was a body of a women in mid-twenties. She was stabbed at the chest. Her right ear was missing. The blood was splattered all over the floor and on the basin. But the most horrifying thing was-

"Tell me about the victim Joe" Uncle Michael said.

"The victim's name is Jane Steward. She is 25 years old. She was living alone. She is a widow. After her husbands death a month ago due to hit and run case, she cut off her relationship with her in laws and her parents. As we suspected she was also on medication for depression. I think she was killed around 5:00 in morning. The housekeeper came around eight in morning and called us" Officer Joe said.

He was inspecting the body and found stopped on the hands. He held her hand and inspected for the white marking.

"This is the marking of a ring. But where is it?" He asked the people present there.

"We looked for it but its missing" one of the officers said.

"How can it be missing check out once again" he said in stern voice.

He looked at me and then at the corpse . I know what he was thinking about before he could say anything I said to him "Detective, I'll be outside for few minutes"

He nodded understanding. "Be careful, Nick go with her"

I went outside and sat on the bench. Nick sat close to me and hugged me on one side.

"Ava, she looks like you. Do you think this is coincidence or on purpose? Does he wants to warn you?" Nick said slowly, hesitating.

"I don't know Nick" I wispered.

"I don't want to think about it. So many women are dying. I know it has nothing to do with me but I couldn't help thinking that she died because of me" I said my voice shaking.

Nick stood up and bent down in front of me . He took my hands in his and said " Ava, it's the sociopath we are dealing with. He is emotionless when it comes to killing. It is a pure coincidence that the women looks like you. It has nothing to do with you. Ok?"

I nodded. He smiled and we went inside where uncle Michael was. He was talking to officer Joe. Officer Joe is his junior but he is working with him on this case.

"Joe, send the body for postmortem and come to station soon"

Officer Joe nodded and went to call.

"Ava, I know you won't agree with me but I want you to take a day off. So many things are happening you need a little rest before working. Today, I don't think there is anything we can do" He said to me taking no for answer.

"Fine, I'll take a rest today" I said to him and went with Nick outside.

"So, we have a day off, is there anything you want to do?" Nick asked me trying to cheer me up.

"Umm, no, wait is there anything you wanted to do before becoming a ghost" I asked him.

"Well, there is,but you will laugh at me" he said shyly looking down on ground.

"Ahh-ahmm Is there? What is it? It's not what I think right?" I said to him in teasing tone.

________________________________________

"Aww, you too seem so close. A living and a dead. What a pair! But it's a pity your happiness will not last for much"

________________________________________

What do you think Nick's wish was before he became a ghost? Does he .....? 😉

Vote

Comment

Share

Stay tuned for upcoming updates ✌✌