thirty-three

"Okay so, all her diapers and toys are in that bag, I already put her bottles in your fridge, she loves veggies, but she just ate, so she should be good for a couple hours

"Okay so, all her diapers and toys are in that bag, I already put her bottles in your fridge, she loves veggies, but she just ate, so she should be good for a couple hours. She just took a nap too, so she'll be awake until Bryan and I get back." Brie explained to Brielle and Colby as she held her daughter in her hands.

Today the soon to be parents were babysitting little Birdie to get some parenting practice. They were nervous, to say the least, but they both felt confident.

"If you need anything, just text or call Bryan or me. We will be happy to help." Brie smiled.

"I think we are good. Once again, thank you for letting us do this." Brielle told the older woman in front of her.

"I should be the one thanking you. Bryan and I haven't had a real day together in a while. Thank goodness that you guys are living in Iowa right now, instead of Chicago." The brunette laughed.

"I think that we all need this for different reasons." Colby said, chiming into the conversation. "You guys should get going, traffic in this area can be horrible."

"Colby's right, the GPS says it'll take over an hour to get there if we leave now." Bryan told his wife.

Brie nodded and then turned to the little girl in her hands. Her and Bryan kissed their daughters head and then handed her to Colby. "Bye Bird. Be good for Brielle and Colby."

Birdie waved to her parents as they left and then started to cry as they disappeared. Brielle turner to Colby, not knowing what to do, and he just rubbed the toddlers back, trying to calm her.

Eventually she stopped crying and Colby put her down. Brielle set some of her toys up and sat down next to her.

"You're such a good girl, aren't you, Birdie?" Brielle smiled as she played with the little girl next to her.

"Mama!" Birdie screamed as she played with the action figure of her mother.

Brielle laughed and nodded. "Yes! How are you this smart already?"

"I mean, Brie and Bryan only feed her the healthiest things on the planet, so that might be a factor." Colby chimed in as he walked into the living room from the kitchen.

"Hey, don't hate on their lifestyle just because you don't agree with it." The brunette scolded her boyfriend. "I might feed our daughter all organic things just because you said that."

"Good luck with that, babe, if she's anything like me, she'll be eating everything that she sees." He shrugged, taking a seat in front of Birdie and Brielle. "Ain't that right, Bird?"

He laughed as the little girl smiled and nodded her head, making Brielle gasp and tickle Birdie.

"No Birdie! Tell him no." The pregnant woman said, tickling the life out of the one year old, making her laugh hysterically.