thirty-nine

It was crazy how fast the months went by

It was crazy how fast the months went by. Almost ten months ago, Brielle found just found out that she was pregnant, now she was in labor, sitting in a hospital room, and waiting to deliver her and Colby's beautiful creation.

Everything felt like such a blur. One minute, Brielle was up and giving a speech at her launch party, and the next minute, her water broke and Colby was speeding to the hospital. She couldn't believe anything, especially the fact that in a matter of hours, her daughter would come into the world.

"Babe, did you see this? Mercy was live streaming your speech on the A plus B Instagram page, and now everyone knows that you're in labor. Well, everyone except for E!News. I guess they posted this picture so quickly that they didn't even find out until all the other news channels posted." Colby chuckled, showing Brielle the live stream and pictures that news sites posted.

"I guess we don't even have to announce when we have her because Mercy will probably be live streaming that, too." Brielle joked.

"Hey, that is not funny!" The blue haired woman said as she entered the hospital room with four coffees and handed them to Colby, his mom, and Brielle's mom.

Brielle's dad was running a little bit late because he took a nap and slept through his alarm and Barbara's million calls. It was a classic "Steven Murphy" move, and it honestly made Brielle laugh, even if it caused her contractions to get a little bit worse.

Colby's step dad got to the hospital about an half hour after his wife. He made sure to bring lots of reading material and chargers because no one knew how long they were going to be there, and no one was going to miss the birth.

"Its so crazy, I just realized that after we announce her name, I can tell people that she is the reason I named my business what I did." The pregnant woman smiled.

"I think people will put it together, I mean, I've seen some theories that the "A" is your babies name, so don't be surprised when people already knew." Barbara told her daughter.

"Wow, thanks for raining on my parade, mom." She said while playfully rolling her eyes as her mother just laughed and lightly hit her daughter's leg with a book.

Time seemed to go slower than usual. It felt like they had been waiting for days, but in reality, it had only been four hours. Brielle's dad had arrived much earlier, but as Brielle's  contractions picked up, everyone started to leave the room, except for Colby, of course. He stood by her side through every ounce of pain she endured. The epidural helped, but not enough.

"I'm sorry if I break your hand." Brielle said through the pain, while squeezing onto Colby's hand every time a contraction came about.

"I've been through much worse than a broken hand." He smiled down at her before kissing her forehead.

"Alright Brielle, I think it is about time to start pushing. Would you like to bring anyone in before we bring your baby into the world?" The doctor asked as she prepped herself to deliver.