sixteen

Brielle sighed as her head was picked up from its spot on the couch and put onto her mothers lap

Brielle sighed as her head was picked up from its spot on the couch and put onto her mothers lap. Her mom started to stroke her hair out of her face and she broke the silence between them by asking a question she knew her daughter would be upset at.

"How are you holding up, honey?" Barbara asked her.

"Today would have been my wedding day." She said in a sad voice.

"I know, thats why I'm here with you. Are you okay?" She asked again, truly wanting to know what was going through the mind of her only child.

"I guess so." Brielle replied quickly, not wanting to talk about what the day would've been, Brian, Alysia, or even Colby. Knowing her mother, all four of those topics were going to come up sooner or later.

The house phone, signaling that someone was calling. She shook her head as her mom looked at the phone that was on the coffee table. They both knew who it was, and neither was going to pick it up.

Barbara wanted her daughter to pick up the phone desperately, but knew she was never going to, and if Barbara picked up the phone, she would probably be cut out of Brielle's life or never hear the end of it. There was no in between.

"A celebrity stalking a normal person, now thats a first." Barbara said, trying to make light of the situation and hopefully crack a small smile on her face. "Maybe you should hear what he has to say."

"Whats the point in doing that?" She asked, sitting up straight.

"Because in your heart you know that he is a good person and you know that he knows what he did was wrong. He is trying to apologize." Her mom told her, trying to smack some sense into the young woman sitting across from her.

"He used me for his career." Brielle sighed as the phone started to ring once again.

"I don't think he did, but thats beside the point. People do things they regret all the time."

"Whatever. I'm going to make some tea."

As Brielle got off the couch, the phone stopped ringing and Colby's voice filled her ears. Of course he would leave a message. He would do anything to tell her how sorry he felt and how much he regretted what he did.

"Hey Brielle, its me, Colby calling. I know that you're home, but I don't know if you're listening to this or tuning me out, but I'm standing outside of your parents house right now." He paused. "I'm not going to say what I did was right, and I'm not going to blame other people for my mistakes. I am the worst person to ever live after hurting you like that. I listened to everyone, but myself, then you came into the picture."

The brunette walked over to the window and looked out it, to see if he was really there, and of course he was. She shook her head and he kept talking and the message kept playing, deciding if she wanted to keep listening, or not.