twenty-four

Colby burst through the door of his shared apartment with Brielle, with the biggest smile on his face

Colby burst through the door of his shared apartment with Brielle, with the biggest smile on his face. He couldn't contain his joy because he had finally found a house in Chicago that Brielle might like.

Putting his suitcase and championship by the door, he waited for his pregnant girlfriend to come running towards him. When it took her more than two minutes, he gave up and went into their room, only to see her passed out in bed with his dog, Kevin right next to her.

He laughed quietly and snapped a picture of the adorable sight before planting a kiss on Brielle's forehead. He crept back into the living room and took his clothes out of his suitcase, getting ready to wash everything.

While he put his championship on the kitchen counter, night enough so Kevin couldn't get it and opened the fridge to get a snack. Before he could even take anything out, he heard what sounds like keys rattling together, and then saw Kevin running to him.

"So now you want to say hi." He joked before picking up the small dog. "Only because your ass wants food. Tsk tsk."

Colby soon put down the dog and took out a strip of bacon from the fridge. He gave Kevin a tiny piece of it before shoving the whole thing into his mouth.

Deciding that he didn't want Brielle to be up all night from sleeping all day, he quietly walked into their room.

"Baby?" He said, lightly shaking her from her slumber.

A groan was heard from Brielle before she flipped onto her other side with her back facing Colby. Colby chuckled at her stubbornness and continued to try to wake her up.

"Babe, you have to get up. You won't be able to sleep at night if you sleep now." He told her, now sitting on the bed. "Please wake up. I have some news for you."

"Five more minutes." She mumbled, putting the covers over her head.

"I've been home for ten minutes, wake up and say hello to me."

"You're so lucky I love you."

Brielle finally arose from the covers and planted a big kiss on her boyfriends lips. Colby chuckled when they released because even though it was three in the afternoon, she was still in sweats, and her hair was a complete mess.

Brielle yawned and stretched as Colby brought up something on his phone, but wouldn't let her see even though she kept peeking over his shoulder.

"You're so nosey." He laughed.

"Well you woke me up, so I deserve to see everything you're doing." She snapped back at him.

"Calm. It's a surprise. You're gonna get to see it when I pull it up."

Colby knew that pregnancy brought a lot of new hormones, but he didn't think it'd be to this extreme. All he knew was that he had to stay calm, because he didn't want Brielle to freak out over anything and possibly harm their baby.