forty

New Years Eve was approaching fast and this year was going to be a lot different for both Brielle and Colby this year

New Years Eve was approaching fast and this year was going to be a lot different for both Brielle and Colby this year. Instead of going to clubs and drinking the night away with their close friends, they were at home, trying to get sleep, even if it was only for ten minutes.

Colby really wanted to throw a party and invite their friends and family, but Brielle wasn't ready for that yet. She didn't feel confident in her body and didn't want anyone besides her family to see her like this. Having a baby changes your body, and it was something she had to get used to because she had never been as big as she was.

The one thing that Brielle didn't know was that Colby only wanted to throw this party so that everyone could be there to see him propose. He already asked for her parents blessing and bought the ring, he just wanted the moment to be perfect.

"Colbs, I'm not ready for everyone to see me like this." The brunette sighed as she looked down at the baby she was nursing.

"I think it will be nice! We don't have to invite a lot of people, and besides, its Alex's first New Years. Cmon, it will be fun!" Colby begged.

"I don't know. Besides, she is not going to remember it anyway. I get wanting to go back to pre-parenting life for one night, but we are still going to have to take care of her throughout the night. I don't want us to be drunk and not able to care for her."

"I promise that I won't get drunk. I'll have one beer the entire night. This is why I wanted to do it here. If she gets tired we can put her in her room and not worry because her room is on the other side of the house."

"But what if she starts to cry and we can't hear her?" Brielle asked.

"Every twenty minutes, I will check on her. I want this to be a relaxing night for you. Just let loose." He told her.

"Okay, fine." She said, reluctantly, making Colby basically leap out of the air. "But you're gonna help me workout until the party. If I can't look my best, I at least want the Christmas weight off."

"We can workout everyday, even at night if you want to." He smirked, raising his eyebrows and making his girlfriend roll her eyes.

"Only if it'll get my body back." Brielle said in a teasing voice before putting her breast away, putting her daughter in her arms, and walking out of the room.

Colby smiled before running into their bedroom and going into his sock drawer. He made sure Brielle was nowhere in sight before taking out the ring. He opened the little velvet box and looked at the ring that he worked so hard on.

The ring was made from scratch and represented their relationship. The diamond in the center was a square border with a circular diamond inside. The band wrapped around it met in the back. It was perfect, just like Brielle.

--