twenty-five

Brielle and Colby held hands as they awaited a doctor to come in the room that they were currently in

Brielle and Colby held hands as they awaited a doctor to come in the room that they were currently in. Both were so nervous, to say the least.

Today was the couples first ultrasound where they could actually get a better look at their child. Brielle was finally at twelve weeks and that meant she was leaving her first trimester of pregnancy. Although she was super happy that her and Colby would be meeting their baby soon, she actually was growing to like pregnancy. 

A faint knock on the door was heard on the outside from the doctor and Colby answered by telling the doctor that she could come in.

"Hi Brielle, Colby." Dr. Davis said as she shut the door behind her and shook Colby's hand. "Your bump is already growing! Small and slowly, but it surely is."

"It's already been a pain in my butt to bend down if I drop something." Brielle joked, making the doctor laugh.

"How are you? How's this pregnancy been treating you?" She asked, knowing Brielle's history of pregnancies. Everyone was being very protected over this one because this could be Brielle's last chance of ever getting pregnant.

"Actually, it's been good. I've been having some sickness here and there, but that's about it. I was able to fly and be safe." Brielle confessed with a grin on her face.

"That's wonderful!" The doctor exclaimed.

Colby smiled up at his girlfriend, knowing how happy she was so far. It made his heart so happy and as nervous as he was, he couldn't wait to meet his son or daughter.

"So I'm just going to have you lay down and lift your shirt up. You know the drill."

"You're damn right I do." Brielle chuckled. She did exactly as the doctor said and shivered a bit as the cold gel was placed on her stomach.

"Sorry I didn't warn you, I figured that you knew it was coming." Dr. Davis said, joking around with the pregnant woman.

She put the scanner on Brielle's stomach and rubbed it in while looking around. Colby held Brielle's hand, excited to see his baby for the first time.

"Ah look, there's your baby!"

Brielle looked up at the screen with tears in her eyes. She watched as Dr. Davis moved the scanner around the baby moved a little bit. Although she couldn't completely see, it was amazing to know that she and the love of her life made that baby.

The brunette looked over to Colby who stared at the screen. She kissed the back of his hand that was intertwined with hers. It was all starting to feel real to the both of them. They were going to be parents to a human being.

The doctor took a few pictures of the ultrasound and then wiped the gel off of her patients stomach. The pictures printed out and she handed them to the couple.

"Here are the first official pictures of your baby." She smiled. "A few things, everything seems okay, I checked your placenta, uterus, and all that. Everything is in position, which is great. The baby looks as if they will be born in January of 2020. I'm not concerned with anything about them being a premie, but it's a bit too early to tell, anyway. But, that's about it. Everything and everyone is healthy."