six.

*** Short Chapter -- I'm sorry!***

Sitting at work, Justin in his office and Elianna at her desk outside of it, the two do what they have to individually, 4:00 nearing and Elianna starting to get excited to go home to the kids. It's Friday, meaning when she leaves, she'll get to spend as much time with them as possible. Which is, of course, what she always looks forward to.

Justin, in the office, comes across something odd.

"Babe." he calls over the phone.

"Yes?" she replies.

"I need you to look through the past month's records. I think there's a steady pattern going down and we need to figure out what's going on."

"You got it." she tells him, moving her chair away from the desk and grabbing a couple files to put back before heading to the filing room. Once making it, she puts the two files she had out away before looking at the weekly file cabinet and getting the past five weeks. She heads back to her desk, sitting and relaxing in her chair before opening the first file and starting to look over it. She does the same with all five files, finding only small differences before turning to their overall income, efficiency and insights, noticing that there's a significant difference between five weeks ago and now. Their rates have gone down steadily throughout the past month and even some of their most loyal partners had dropped them. But why?

Rising from her seat, Elianna makes her way to the third floor, walking to Lucas's office.

"Mrs. Bieber." he says, surprised as he stands. "What a surprise."

"Mr. Johnson," she starts. "Didn't you think it was important to inform us of the reasoning behind six of our most loyal partners have dropped us?"

"I was actually just looking into that, Mrs. Bieber. I didn't want to give a reasoning until I knew more information. When our partners dropped, they told us that they were partnering with a new enterprise. One that had just started but looked to have great quality work and more benefits than ours." he starts.

"Do we know what this new enterprise is?" she asks.

He nods. "We didn't at first but I just got word about an hour ago that we know."

"Who knows?"

The entire third floor team has been researching and finding different information on different levels, Mrs. Bieber." he informs her.

"Great. I'm calling a third floor meeting. It'll be upstairs. You all have a half hour to get your things together and be up there."

"Yes ma'am." he nods.

Turning on her heel, Elianna walks to the elevators, rising to the top floor and getting off. Walking to Justin's office, she knocks lightly.

"Yes?"

She enters the office, standing in front of his desk. "I called a meeting with third floor. They have information on why our partners dropped us. Apparently a new enterprise." she informs him.

He nods. "Good, I'll be ready. Go ahead and get back to what you were doing before. There's nothing more we can do until we get that information."

She nods, leaving the office and going back to her desk.

A half hour later, the third floor team comes upstairs and piles into the conference room, soon joined by Justin and Elianna.

"Mr. Johnson." Justin starts, causing Lucas to look up.

"Yes sir."

"Why were we not informed of the reasoning behind our partners dropping before now?"

"We were gathering more information to give to you, sir." he answers.

Justin nod. "What do we have?"

"There's a new enterprise sir. Lifeline Enterprise." a new woman from the department starts. "Specializes in the same market and business type as we do."

"Unfortunately, the CEO of Lifeline is unknown both to us and the public. He or she is anonymous." Marcus continues.

"They're net worth is consistently rising and a lot of our clients have begun to switch over." someone else starts.

"Where is this enterprise located?" Justin asks.

"Right here in the city sir." Marcus answers.

Justin sighs, licking his lips. "Do we have anymore information at the moment?"

"No sir." Lucas responds.

Justin pinches his nose in frustration before sucking in a deep breath. "I want more information. There will be another meeting next Friday. I expect as much information as possible. If there's nothing we can use by then, you all can expect some layoffs. You have work to do." he says, leaving the room quickly.

Elianna glances around the room at a few of her old friends, giving them a 'there's nothing I can do' look before leaving quickly as well.

As 5:00 comes around, Elianna had cleaned up her desk and gotten ready to leave, knocking softly on Justin's office door.

"Are you about ready?" she asks softly.

He sighs heavily. "Baby, look, I'm sorry I just really need to stay and get some more shit done. This new enterprise is taking a toll and I can't let us crumble."

She shakes her head. "Of course, did you want me to stay?"

"No, baby, no. Go to the kids, let mama lee leave for the weekend." he sighs again. "I'll be home sometime later. Probably not before the kids go to bed though."

She nods softly. "Okay, yeah." she walks over, kissing him. "I love you."

"I love you too." he replies and she leaves, walking downstairs and getting into the car before making her way towards home... just one thought on her mind.

How much is this gonna affect him? And if a lot... for how long? Is it possible to make this go away before baby girl is born? And if not, what's gonna happen to them?

***

hey guys!

I'm sorry the chapter is shorter, but there was only so much to write in this chapter and I didn't want to drag it out.

also sorry that it kind of sucks, i'm not good with writing in-office chapters. lol. 

anyway, thank you all so much for reading, I really appreciate all the support.

don't forget to vote and comment!

all my love, 

shan:)