A Before Wedding Thank You

(Keith's Perspective.)

I take Anna into my arms and smile down at her.

"She just woke up so she should be ready to go for a couple hours."

Rosa says while propping a hand on her hip and watching us happily.

"Thanks for taking her."

"It's no problem. She is my granddaughter. I'll take her whenever you two need some time alone."

"That's extremely helpful. I don't really trust my mom with Anna yet."

Rosa laughs softly.

"She'll get there."

"Yeah."

I look down at Anna when Rosa speaks again.

"Are you ready?"

"Hm?"

I hum before looking back up.

"My son is a handful. He's a good boy but he's a little everywhere."

"I know. I am ready. I've never actually felt so light."

Her eyes twinkle with knowledge.

"He wears his heart on his sleeve; always one for falling in love. I know I've said this before but I'm happy he found you. I can trust you to be there for him. You're not as open as him but you're open for him. You're just the person my son needed. You've helped him mature and take responsibility while also opening up things for him that I could never."

Her eyes move down to where Anna is playing with a flower in my arms.

"You've dealt with him in ways others could never. You know how to calm him down and how to help him overcome. You were there when I wasn't and I can never truly tell you how thankful I am that you became a part of his world and ours."

"Rosa..."

She holds up a finger.

"Nope. I don't wanna hear it. It's your wedding day and I get to be the mother in law who tells you how much you're loved."

"Thank you."

She smiles at me.

"No, thank you."