Angst and Fighting

(Keith's Perspective.)

(I'm sorry.)

I enter the daycare and my eyes instantly land on Anna talking to a little boy with black hair. One of the young teachers walks up to me smiling and follows my gaze.

"That's Micheal. Him and Andromeda have been getting along great. I think they're very good friends."

"Yeah."

I reply before walking towards them.

"Daddy!"

Anna cheers when she sees me.

"Hi sweetie. Can you go get your stuff?"

She nods and kisses the boy on the cheek before running off. It takes everything I have in me not to loose it right now. Once she dissapears into the other room I turn a glare on the boy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Lance's Perspective.)

I wait staring at the front door until I hear the familiar jingle of the keys in the door. When the door opens both Anna and Keith walk in. When they see me they both look down and Anna slinks past me carefully. My eyes land on Keith and my husband avoids my gaze.

"So. I got a call from Anna's daycare."

He nods slowly.

"Apparently Anna is no longer allowed to go to that daycare."

He nods again.

"Because a certain someone got into a fight with a six year old. Keith what the actual hell?"

He shrugs.

"You got in a fight with a little kid."

"He kicked me."

"A kid! Our daughter got kicked from daycare because you fought a kid there!"

"I didn't hurt him."

"You yelled at him! You made a little boy cry!"

"He was using Anna!"

"They're six! They don't know how to use each other!"

"He's a punk!"

"You were the same way and you obviously still are!"

He looks up and it feels like I'm looking back at young Garrison Keith. The boy with a fire in him. Always willing to fight and talk back.

"Well I'm sorry I care so much about our daughter!"

He shouts angrily.

"My parents were never around and I know what it's like to be hurt! It doesn't matter how young or old you are! I'm going to be that parent! Okay?! I'm going to worry about stuff like this and I'm going to act out because I care Lance! I care so much about Anna and I care so much about you!"

He takes in a deep breath before turning and storming out the door. It slams shut leaving me with swimming thoughts and watery eyes.

"Papi?"

I turn towards Anna's voice and quickly wipe at my eyes.

"Hey Princesa."

"Are you and daddy mad at each other?"

"No."

I kneel down in front of her and take her into my arms.

"Me and daddy don't fight. We were only talking."