Chapter 21

For a solid 10 minutes, there was nothing and I think we almost pushed Mia into early labor. When they let us know that they were coming back together I felt like I could breathe freely again. My boys are coming home.

As soon as they got out of the car I ran into Brian's arms and then into Dom's arms. Since I'm not pregnant I made it to them before Mia. She just shoved me out of the way to hug and berate her brother. It was amazing, all belly and insults, she scared the hell out of me in the best way.

"Are you okay?" I asked Brian, taking his face in my hands.

"I'm fine, I promise that I'm fine. I wasn't leaving without him." he replied.

"I was so worried about you, you went full on silent there."

"I know, I'm sorry for that. I was just focused on getting back to Dom and coming back safely to you." he said, kissing me.

"Alright, everyone's home so let's get that moolah!" Roman shouted.

"You ready?" Brian asked me.

"Hell yeah! Let's get this over with." I told him.

We all made our way over to the vault and hoped for the best.

"Come on baby. Don't be mean, come on." Tej muttered as he did his thing.

I don't think any of us were breathing, the silence was so loud that we could have heard a pin drop. Tej was shaking a little, he grabbed the sheet with the handprint and let out a deep breath. This is it, this is our defining moment. Tej pressed the sheet down and we heard a beep, a weird beep and Tej pulled the door open.

The money started to fall out and I think I'm in shock. Roman hopped down the stairs, Mia turned around and kissed Vince excitedly, Brian wrapped his arms around me and squeezed, kissing my head. Leo and Santos just stood there in shock.

"You're gonna have to decide where you want to live now." Brian whispered in my ear.

"We did it!" I replied.

"Yeah, we did."

"Holy hell, we did it!" I shouted, turning around and jumping into his arms.

"Mia, Charlie, count it out! Let's get the hell out of Rio." Dom said.

"Let's do this." I told Mia.

It took us about an hour to count and recount the money. One by one we handed out money bags and said our goodbyes to our team members until the five of us remained.

"What happens now?" I asked everyone.

"The guys and I were talking while the two of you were counting. We want to go somewhere where we can be close to each other, especially with Mia being so close to her due date." Dom said.

"I like that, I think that's the right choice. We need to be close." I agreed.

"Where exactly are you thinking?" Mia asked, one hand on her hip and the other on her belly.

"Somewhere with no extradition." Vince said.

"Close to the beach." Brian added, winking at me.

"Somewhere we can be a family together again. The Canary Islands." Dom finished.

"Spain?" Mia asked.

"The Canary Islands, I like it, a lot." I said, feeling giddy.

"Let's get out of here." Vince said.

Apparently Han had arranged for us to travel on a small aircraft to a private airstrip on the island. We spent about a week in a little motel before we started to look for homes. In varying time frames, it took us about a month for everyone to find a home.