Chapter 24

Mia and I spent the next two days going crazy after not hearing back from them. She did her best to distract me but it wasn't working. I know that they're in danger because when aren't they but something about this doesn't feel right to me.

"They shouldn't have gone." I told Mia.

"Yes, they had to go." she replied.

"No, there's nothing to prove that it was her and Dom knows that Hobbs just wants to take him down. This was a vile excuse, a very vile excuse to get to our team and they just fell into the trap because Dom asked them to."

"That's not fair Charlie."

"I'm not saying that this is his fault, I'm saying that Hobbs used his weakness for Letty to get our team. I don't like this Mia, I don't like this at all. We need them to come back." I told her.

"They better come back." she said, standing up to soothe her cranky baby.

"They better come back." I whispered to myself, putting my hand on my belly.

Suddenly my phone started ringing and I jumped up to get it, sighing in relief when I saw Brian's photo on my screen.

"Babe, are you guys okay? Is everyone okay?" I asked.

"Hey, a few bruised egos . . ."

"Just Roman's."

"Yeah mainly but we're good." he said and I could hear the strain in his voice.

"What is it? Is it . . ."

"Charlie . . . uh, it's definitely Letty, but it's uh . . . complicated." he said and I could picture him scratching his head.

"Letty's alive, that's all that matters. We have her back, Brian." I said, nodding when Mia walked back in.

"Well do me a favor and take care of you and the pancake. Be safe, I love you Charlie."

"I love you too. Be safe." I said after he hung up.

"She's alive." Mia said, standing there shocked.

"I can't believe it, he was telling the truth." I muttered.

"What the hell does this mean?" she asked me.

"I don't understand what you mean."

"Why? Why the hell would she leave us? Why would she stay away? Did she not care at all about us, about how worried we would be?"

"Mia you need to calm down."

"No! What kind of a friend does that? A sister! She's like a sister to me, to all of us except Dom of course but what the hell!"

"You're funny when you're mad."

"Oh shut it, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know . . . I still don't know what to think about all of this. I mean, I understand where you're coming from but at the same time I don't understand any of this. I don't get how this is possible."

"I know, this is just crazy."

"Mia, do you think she's gonna come home?" I asked the question burning on my mind.

"I don't know. What happens if she doesn't come back?" she asked me.

"I don't know if Dom can handle that, I don't think he can lose her again. I don't know what that'll do to him."

"We'll just have to wait and see. Can we do that?"

"We don't have a choice, we have to."

This is absolutely crazy, Brian checks in with me as much as he can but it's not very often that I hear from him. The past week has gone by very slowly, this is the worst and I don't know how much longer this is gonna take.