Chapter 10: The Wizard Named Os

Among the seven princes of Grand, there is one I don't have to approach. That's because...

"Hey, you! Are you up to something again?" I heard Prince Nathaniel James come up from behind me, squinting his eyes as once again I am under suspicion.

...He approaches me first.

I let my tired groan run forth with the midday air. The prince noted this and adjusted the rim of his glasses inquisitively, as if observing an unknown specimen.

"I am not in the mood to fight you, Eavesdropping Spectacles." I told him, crossing my arms.

I expected another one of his insulted gasps, but to my amazement, he simply smirked and placed his book of leather on top of my head.

"You say you do not want to fight, yet you still call me names. How daunting, Miss Stuttering Liar." He teasingly commented, looking at me intently. His eyes hinted a mischievous shimmer as if he was intrigued to what he sees. No, not just intrigued. He likes it.

I didn't bother retorting, my arms still crossed in an exhausted manner. The book nestled on my head in perfect balance.

Chuckling, he continued. "Ooh, was the argument with Agustus that bad?"

"So you were eavesdropping again." I stated, raising a brow at his remark, indirectly demanding for an explanation.

"I overheard you two down the lobby, that's all. The building structure here is pretty sensitive to noise." He remained unfazed, considering that he was of higher prestige. "Besides, the old library is just a few steps away from Agustus' bedchamber."

Checking nervously behind me, I asked. "Does that mean he can hear us too?"

The prince shook his head, and relief washed over me.

"I've memorized his schedule, his body clock." He said, pointing his index finger upwards. "At this hour, he's headed to bed. Assassin work usually happens during late evenings and early mornings, which means his break is in the afternoon."

I frowned at the thought. "But then what about Prince Tayden? I rarely see him, but he's active during different sections of the day."

This is good. Keep talking, spectacles. I can derive some juicy information from you.

"Well, that's because Tayden is an exception. Our father gives him the dangerous secret missions. I don't know what that guy does aside from being busy." He shrugged, as if this wasn't new to him.

"I see..." I trailed off, placing my gaze on the windowsill covered with silver linings as I gazed onto the bright sunlight outside the castle.

What does he do?

Strangely, I wanted to know more about him, discover what is under his mask of cruelty.

"Ow! That hurts!"

Before I realized what was going on, the prince hit me with his heavy leather bound literature. I rubbed my poor head as I glowered at him.

"You think I won't notice the meaning of your questions? I know you're trying to gain more facts from me." He tilted his head to the side, a playful snarl to his lips.

"B-But I was just curious!" I defended.

"Yeah, nice try," Prince Nathaniel sarcastically implied. "That makes you more suspicious, especially when you stutter like that."

Ugh, now that I think about it, two of the princes already know about my stuttering lies. Nice one, Rosette! You're doing great as the Heir's spy!