Extra: Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day.

What a nerve-racking day.

"Oh, dear Valentine, what have you done to make this day yours?" Rosette queried aloud, theatrically swinging her arms as she lifted the box of chocolates high above her head. She glanced at the light from the ceiling of the house, eventually looking away because it was too bright.

"Are you seriously asking that question?" grunted Lisa, raising discomfited brows. "Also, I can't believe you're in my kitchen to sculpt chocolates for your boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend!" the blonde hastily refuted with pink cheeks.

"Whatever," the brunette rolled her sharp eyes, "then your crush."

It was very early in the morning. Briar Rosette rushed over to Lisa's house after buying a box of convenience store chocolates along the way—just because of the mere fact that she had completely forgotten about it already being February 14, and that she was still adjusting to the calendar of her original timeline.

Lisa sighed, crossing her arms. The youth recalled the day when her best friend ran towards the Music Club to offer assistance of the clubroom decorations for free. It all began from there. Furthermore, Lisa never expected that Rosette would be falling for the guy whom she had once called Sugar and rammed horns of sass with.

What a pretty savage love.

"You know, Rosette, a lot of guys end up admiring you for your talent and beauty, so Yoongi might as well be one of them. He'll be your boyfriend soon enough...if you confess, that is." She said, leaning against the arch of her kitchen entrance. "And I'm always here to help. It's about time you get a guy anyway."

Her female friend accidentally crushed a chocolate bit on the cutting board at the thought. "Wait, my popularity with boys was way back when we were in middle school."

"Um, no." She gave Rosette a look. "To the university dudes, you're gorgeous...and graceful..."

She was enumerating the frequent adjectives she would hear about her friend by counting at each uncurled finger when Rosette snorted.

"Wow, they should stop seeing me through rose-tinted glasses." She said, tugging onto the apron of ice cream patterns that the house owner lent her.

"Yeah, you can be such an ugly beast at the worst of times," laughed the brunette as she gently lobbed her head backward, "and no guy has ever seen it yet."

The blonde female meticulously cut at the edges of the sweets, only for Lisa to sneakily grab the leftovers and pop them into her mouth. "True. Not in this lifetime anyway."

Not in this lifetime.

The words repeated in Lalisa Manoban's head. Ever since her friend acted strangely on that eventful Thursday, she would catch her muttering things that didn't make sense. It was almost as though Rosette went through something overnight and slightly changed, which sounded completely absurd in all honesty.

Well, her friend may still be a crybaby and still stutters when she lies—but then again, there were signs of personal growth that Lisa couldn't even begin to fathom.

She glimpsed at the cutting knife in Rosette's right hand, perfectly used without any hint of struggle. It was all too sudden when Mrs. Irmin, Rosette's mother, told Lisa the news about the daughter approaching the pointy object without flinching one wintry day.

What could've happened after that brief phone call?

"Hey," she spoke up, earning a small responding hum from the blonde female, "it's good that your phobia is gone now, huh."