TWO

☆゜*・:+* 。 *゜☆

𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄 20𝐓𝐇, 2020.

☆゜*・:+* 。 *゜☆

"i'm not going," jack declared, shuffling through his suitcase for an outfit. "i'm sick."

"what has gotten into you? you've already showered. you just had some medicine. why don't you want to see your friends?" angela started helping the frantic boy, who couldn't seem to put together any outfit he found suitable. she held up a pair of ripped jeans and a white shirt, and jack simply shook his head.

"too fancy. or, maybe too casual." he mumbled, tossing them aside. "and i'm excited to see my friends."

jack almost wanted to laugh out loud at that one. he hated lying to his mom, but in reality, what was he supposed to do? he had already pulled the 'i'm too sick card,' (cue the pouty look,) but it obviously didn't work. he continued looking through his clothes, quickly shooing his mom away. she obliged, heading off to the bathroom to get ready.

"ask finn or jaeden for an outfit." angela called out to jack, peeking her head out of the bathroom. jack continued sorting through his clothes firmly, not looking up.

"finn is way taller than i am," he said quietly. "besides, i don't even know where they're staying."

"we're all staying in the same hotel. we're having dinner in the hotel restaurant."

jack's head shot up, and he looked at his mother, quickly trying to get his surprised demeanour under control. "oh, yeah, i know. wyatt told me. i just- i just forgot." he stuttered, trying to play it off. damn, he thought to himself, i thought you were supposed to be an actor. angela didn't seem phased anyways, and continued getting ready.

his old friends were really in the same hotel as him too? with his luck, they were probably in the rooms next door. he grabbed his phone, sending a quick text to their groupchat.

THE LOSERS' CLUB 🎈
SATURDAY 4:36pm

jackie boy🧚‍♀️: wyatt, why didn't you tell me anything! i didn't know abt the dinner, or the fact that we're literally in the same fucking hotel right now

he threw his phone down and focused on picking out an outfit.

jack didn't know why it took him so long, but he finally settled on some dark brown corduroys, and an oversized baby blue sweater. he quickly changed, walking over to the full length mirror on the hotel door, running his fingers through his curls and taking in his appearance. he absolutely didn't know how to coordinate outfits and make them look good, but he supposed it didn't matter. slipping on some bright socks and converse, he quickly ran to get his mom.

"you can go without me," angela said, putting earrings in. "i'll be down soon."

jack was about to protest, but he supposed that wouldn't help his case. his simply nodded and slipped his hotel room key in his pocket, grabbing his phone and slipping out the door. he checked his messages as he walked down the hallway.

THE LOSERS' CLUB 🎈
SATURDAY 4:42pm

wyeet olaf⛄️: sorry, i didn't think your mom would question you about it.
soaphia🧼: how did i not know we were staying in the same hotel
jaeden lieberbitch🐶: ^^
cho(e)sen👑: ^^^
jerbear🧸: ^^^^^
finn dogsoft🐺🎸: ^^^^^^
soaphia🧼: wyatt i think your mom is the only one who told the kids anything
finn dogsoft🐺🎸: agreed, my parents didn't tell me fuck all
jerbear🧸: Language...
soaphia🧼: hey what floor are you guys staying on, we're probably all roommates! since it seems we're doing almost everything together now 😌
jaeden lieberbitch🐶: Wyatt would know, ask him
wyeet olaf⛄️: shut up

a smile grew on jack's face, and as he clicked on the elevator button and waited for it to open, he quickly replied.

THE LOSERS' CLUB 🎈
SATURDAY 4:46pm

jackie boy🧚‍♀️: *shut up.
jackie boy🧚‍♀️: HAHA!!! I GOT TO CORRECT THE WYATT OLEFF!!!!! THE GRAMMER NAZI OF THE WORLD!!!! WOOHOOO!!!! I REIGN VICTORIOUS!!!
wyeet olaf⛄️: *grammar
jackie boy🧚‍♀️: you really couldn't let me enjoy my moment
finn dogsoft🐺🎸: you can spell reign and use it in the right context but not the word grammar
jackie boy🧚‍♀️: this is harassment

the elevator dinged, signifying it opening, and jack quickly shut off his phone, shoving it in his pocket, a goofy smile on his face as he looked up.

jack's face dropped as he was greeted with a pair of familiar dark brown eyes.

eyes that he would recognize almost anywhere, with complimenting, almost non existent faded freckles scattered lightly across his nose and cheeks.

it was finn.

☆゜*・:+* 。 *゜☆