TWENTY FOUR

RECAP:
the two boys moved into their bedroom, deciding to change as fast as they could, then head back out. finn felt his cheeks going red as he caught a glimpse of jack's somewhat pale tummy, him still having a small amount of baby fat that he had seemingly never lost. it was adorable, finn realized, and he quickly looked away as jack's gaze was averted towards his own direction.

but he couldn't help but look back at jack. you can't stop looking at something, (or in finn's case, someone) who was as alluring as jack was.  finn wanted to tell the angel boy he loved him. he was feeling nostalgic, and weird, but in the best possible way. jack had that effect on people. or maybe just on finn. and when jack looked up at him and blushed, slipping one of finn's t shirts on then sticking his tongue out, finn felt, for the first time at peace with himself and how he had been feeling about jack.

it was okay. enjoying being with jack this much. wanting to see the most intimate parts of him; having already seen the messy parts, but also the beautiful. a little sensitive, somewhat troublesome, but beyond compare. just like him. that was the boy finn loved.

☆゜*・:+* 。 *゜☆

WEDNESDAY, JULY 1st, 2020.

☆゜*・:+* 。 *゜☆

as jack and finn headed out towards the living room again, they set up their sleeping bags with the others, since everyone had opted to sleeping on the floor. jack wiggled his way in between wyatt and finn, and the crew settled in as jeremy put on some weird horror movie he was insisting they watch.

about half way into the movie, however, the seven were barely paying attention, and jack started insisting that he was bored.

"what do you want to do then, lover boy?" wyatt griped, carefully wiping the chip crumbs off of his blanket that chosen had gotten there. "truth or dare?"

wyatt almost said it in a joking manner, but everyone else seemed to almost jump at the opportunity to play.

"i go first!" jaeden insisted, looking around at the others. "jack, truth or dare?"

jack contemplated his options for a moment, and decided his safest bet would probably be to choose dare. he didn't want to answer any questions he wasn't ready to answer, and it wasn't like he would back out of a dare anyways. "dare." he muttered, giving jaeden a small smile. the other boy obviously wasn't expecting him to pick dare, and he sighed, trying to think something up.

"oh, oh! i dare you to... prank call somebody on wyatt's phone."

"it's almost one in the morning," wyatt started to protest, but didn't take action when jaeden grabbed his phone off of the charger it was plugged into and handed it to jack.

jack scrolled through wyatt's contacts, not recognizing many of the names, but finally stopping on one and grinning. he quickly hit the contact name and the call button, putting the phone on speaker. he held the phone a certain way to hide the contact name from the others, tempted to burst into a fit of giggles.

"yes?" a groggy voice picked up the phone, and the others started to laugh in disbelief as they realized the person on the other side of the phone line was erin. wyatt's ex.

the group did like erin; jack never intended it to be a rude prank call. a look of shock, then anger, then amusement, then surprise flashed across wyatt's face all at once.