TWELVE

RECAP:
"i ended the live, lovebirds. you're lucky i kept them distracted." jaeden had a smug look on his face as he turned back around in his seat and changed the song to something more upbeat.

finn looked out the window, letting himself think for a moment. a silence had fallen over the van, and finn assumed jack had fallen asleep.

but just as he was about to fall asleep himself, he heard a soft whisper.

"i think you're beautiful too, finn."

☆゜*・:+* 。 *゜☆

MONDAY, JUNE 22nd, 2020.

☆゜*・:+* 。 *゜☆

"i'm gonna sweat my balls off," jack whined, fanning his face with his hand. sophia laughed and shook her head at the boy before judging him quickly, telling him to shut up. they had just entered the amusement park, and it was huge. everyone was in awe, jack being the exception. he was too busy sweating his balls off.

"the more appropriate term would probably be turn to a crisp. or melt like a snowman." jaeden spoke up, slowing down to join sophia and jack. the others were a little ahead with andy and barbara.

"do i seem like a PG type person to you?"

"yep, you big twink."

jack punched jaeden's arm and then ran ahead, just missing jaeden's hand, and avoiding a slap on the back. he turned around and stuck a finger up, before wyatt growled at him, insisting there were children in the park.

"sorry dad." jack mumbled, nudging his way in between wyatt and finn even more. eventually, sophia and jaeden ran ahead, and the group stopped and decided what they wanted to do.

"if you want, we can let you go on your own for a bit. then we could meet for a quick meal around four, and stay for fireworks?" andy suggested.

"there's fireworks?!" jack exclaimed. finn laughed at his giddiness.

"yes, they have select dates throughout the summer. today happens to be one of them."

the teens agreed on meeting up at four, and decided to go on water park rides first. they all raced to the water park portion, grateful they had put on swimsuits under their clothes.

they stood around for a minute, taking in the rides, before andy and barbara suggest they go on a ride called the Riptide Racer. it was a mat racing slide, where several people could compete for first place as they descend down the slide.

"last one up is a rotten egg!" chosen cheered before climbing his way up the steps to the ride. the others followed soon behind, and by the time they got to the top, it was ultimately decided wyatt was the rotten egg. he just rolled his eyes and grabbed a mat, joining the others as they all lined up.

a couple people they didn't know joined them, lining up in their own lane. as jack laid his mat down and got down on his tummy, he smiled at finn, who gave him a small smile back. jack had woken up in his lap, and had to wake finn up. he had turned a bright colour when jack teased him for drooling on his sleeve.

sophia counted down to start the race, and as soon as she yelled "go!" the group went flying down the slide. jack was laughing the entire time, and could hear his friends chorus of laughter next to him. the ride was over almost too soon, and when jack looked to his left, he saw wyatt and chosen already down next to him.