EIGHT

RECAP:

"alright, well. in the netflix series, richie and eddie, get, well, really close."

jack nodded.

"they end up kissing."

jack's mouth fell open.

"o-oh," he stuttered, quickly trying to save himself. "that's- cool. that's cool. i didn't know stephen king would ever agree to that romance."

jack always liked the idea of reddie. it was cute, and he thought finn and himself had portrayed the little gays almost perfectly. he had enjoyed acting out their quarrels for the first two movies.

andy nodded, giving them a big smile. "it's truly a little side romance, since a lot of our viewers in the first and second movies live for reddie, as a romantic item. you two are such passionate actors and i know you can pull this off. however, as i mentioned, chemistry is always important."

finn and jack nodded.

"which is why i'm going to have you two share a room together."

☆゜*・:+* 。 *゜☆

SUNDAY, JUNE 21st, 2020.

☆゜*・:+* 。 *゜☆

"that's-that's perfect." finn said, much to jack's surprise. jack looked at him for a moment before turning back to andy, biting his lip. andy had a huge grin on his face, and he quickly wrapped finn and jack into a hug. "there's my two best friends. i missed you guys."

andy let go of the boys and headed to the stairs, motioning them to come with. jack shook his head, and gave andy a small smile. "we're taking the elevator; it's much quicker. race ya!"

jack grabbed finn's wrist and darted across the lobby to the elevator, pressing the button quickly and impatiently waiting for it to open. he turned to finn, looking up at him, a sudden feeling of courage washing over him.

"are you sure rooming is a good idea?"

"no," finn admitted, taking jack by surprise. "but- i miss my best friend."

jack stayed silent for a moment, looking into finn's eyes, trying to detect what the other boy was feeling, and wondered if he was feeling the same things jack had been feeling these past couple days.

"i miss us too, finn."

finn sighed in relief, before almost getting trampled by a cranky lady stepping outside the elevator. the pair split quickly, letting the people get off the elevator, but never breaking eye contact. finn didn't want to take his eyes off of jack now; he was afraid he would vanish before his eyes and finn would realize he was just dreaming this all. but soon enough, jack was grabbing his wrist again and pulling him into the elevator.

"so, we truce? we're okay now?"

"were we ever not okay?" finn chuckled.

jack shrugged, smiling slightly. "i don't know. things just changed between us when-"

"yeah." finn interrupted, almost as if jack was about to swear. that's what jack hated; yes, they had kissed. but kissed wasn't a dirty word, and they had both wanted it. or, at least, he had wanted it. god, jack had wanted it more than ever.