TWENTY FIVE

RECAP:
jack couldn't lie. maybe his friends wouldn't even know who the him was, and maybe it wouldn't even land face up.

"yes." jack said, his voice tremulous. his throat felt tight, and he couldn't understand why he was so shaky. the others didn't even know the question.

yet.

wyatt grabbed the slipper, throwing it up in the air.

they could very easily find out in just a few seconds. and they would know. they would know jack's truth, the thing he had been trying to hide for so long. finn would know. jesus fuck, finn would know. his best friend. he probably had never seen jack like that, like in a true romantic way. after all, they had always acted this way. aside from the kissing. that had to mean something, didn't it?

and jack felt his heart sink as the slipper landed facing upwards.

☆゜*・:+* 。 *゜☆

WEDNESDAY, JULY 1st, 2020.

☆゜*・:+* 。 *゜☆

wyatt instantaneously looked at jack as the latter of the two made eye contact. jack's expression almost clouded up, and fear flashed across his face. he shook his head, almost as if to tell wyatt he couldn't, he wouldn't say anything.

and wyatt got the memo.

as the others started clapping and cheering, over the moon that someone was finally going to reveal a secret, wyatt jumped up and immediately grabbed his phone.

"you guys, we're so stupid." he huffed, all while jack watched him with bewildered, glossy eyes. the others in the group faced to see what wyatt was going on about, shifting their attention from jack.

"what?" jaeden retorted, confused about what the other boy could possibly be talking about.

"chosen, one last surprise for your birthday. jack nd i planned it!" wyatt grinned. "we have to hurry; i completely forgot, i don't want it to close."

jack felt relief flood his whole body as chosen got up, shaking his head, giving wyatt a lopsided grin. "i've already had an amazing birthday. what are you talking about?"

as wyatt got the others up and ready, insisting that he couldn't tell them what was going on, ("it's a surprise!" he kept yelling out,) jack nearly kissed the boy. no one asked about the game as they all shuffled their shoes on, following wyatt as he headed out of the apartment and to the elevator. they must've looked ridiculous, all ready for bed and still going downstairs, but jack didn't care. the attention was off of him.

finn stood next to jack in the elevator, his mind racing, along with his heart. the look on jack's face as the slipper fell had been a look finn had only seen once before, and that was when jack found out his ex-girlfriend had been cheating on him. and quite honestly, this look didn't even really compare. this time, it was more serious. more severe.

"are you alright?" finn asked jack as the elevator dinged open, the others grumbling as they realized it was the wrong floor. the two brunettes ignored their friends as they decided to just walk to the level they needed to be at, jack and finn following.

"yeah, i'm good. why?" jack's lashes fluttered lightly as finn grabbed his arm, stopping him in his tracks and making sure he was facing the taller of the two.