Chapter 15

Hey guys! Even if you guys aren't going to read this chapter, listen to the song. It is amazing. If you aren't going to, then here are the lyrics so you can get a feel for it without listening to it:

Loving and fighting
Accusing, denying
I can't imagine a world with you gone
The joy and the chaos, the demons we're made of
I'd be so lost if you left me alone
You locked yourself in the bathroom
Lying on the floor when I break through
I pull you in to feel your heartbeat
Can you hear me screaming "please don't leave me"
Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you
Let me take your hand, I'll make it right
I swear to love you all my life
Hold on, I still need you
A long endless highway, you're silent beside me
Drivin' a nightmare I can't escape from
Helplessly praying, the light isn't fadin'
Hiding in the shock and the chill in my bones
They took you away on a table
I pace back and forth as you lay still
I pull you in to feel your heartbeat
Can you hear me screaming, "please don't leave me"
Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you
Let me take your hand, I'll make it right
I swear to love you all my life
Hold on, I still need you
I don't wanna let goI know I'm not that strong
I just wanna hear you
Saying baby, let's go home
Let's go home
Yeah, I just wanna take you home
Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you

Yeah, can't you tell this is going to be a happy chapter?

Harry's POV

I've always read in books that good things always have to come to an end. More than that, I used to believe it. Now, I realize that doesn't have to be true. I realized that every single time I looked into Draco's eyes, at the love and admiration that was prominent there. He was the first person I could really be myself with, the first person I could just make myself vulnerable to.

And, to think, I had thought he would have been the person I'd have to keep farthest away from my heart.

After the Quidditch match, the rumors and the excitement died down. It was now common knowledge that we were together, and, more than that, it was for sure. I heard someone say "endgame". I couldn't really disagree- At least, I didn't want to. Until, a few weeks after, the day came where I realized how fragile a heart could be.

***

I had been standing outside for so long, I was sure that everyone was concerned. I had come at... 4:00, and it was... 7:00 now. And I hadn't moved. Draco and I had meant to meet here at 4:00, but he hadn't turned up. I couldn't bring myself to move. I held onto the hope that he would emerge.

He didn't.

Was I not good enough? Was I his plaything, someone he could just stand up? I wanted to know the answer, but I was scared of it.

As I walked back to Hogwarts, I realized just how foolish I had been to give my heart completely to him. I knew it was his to break, but I had thought it was mine to control. I knew why he hadn't shown up. He realized how broken I was, and knew I wasn't good for him.

Or anyone.

He wasn't wrong- How could he be, when I believed it too?

For a minute, I remembered something that someone had told me, though I couldn't recall whom. It had gone something like: "If you love someone, the only choice they have is for them to break your heart."

I realized it was true. You couldn't hurt the people that you couldn't hurt the people that you didn't love, and they couldn't hurt you. But as soon as you gave your heart to someone, they could break it.

I just wished he had given his heart to me, too.

When I got back to Hogwarts, to my surprise, Blaise told me that Draco was there. Okay, not to my surprise. I knew he would be there- But a little part of me had hoped that he hadn't forgotten, and was simply at the wrong place.