Edited 10/15/23-Chapter 2: Memories Repeat

Edit: Please follow me on twitter to not miss out on behind the scenes of writing this story. Also you can provide me feedback on Twitter as well. Please follow me @JasmineDarcie .(https://twitter.com/JasmineDarcie)

_____________________________________________________________________________

I sat on my bed in silence as I stared through window. What the hell just happened? I kept replaying the scene of meeting Shivaay today at the meeting. Why is he back? Why the hell is he here? How will I survive a year in that hospital? But, it's not like I will see him everyday...He'll probably be busy in his office while I will be working at the wards. Not bad, I thought as I attempted to not panic.

I sighed as I looked back at my laptop and tapped the "Notes" folder. A picture appeared of I Shivaay as he stood with his arm tightly around my shoulder while we stood on a small bridge above a beautiful lake back in Pennsylvania where we had met. I smiled slightly as I felt tears in my eyes. In the next picture, Shivaay appeared to kiss my cheek as I blushed and stared away from the camera. I looked at another picture, which was our first date, where I smiled cheekily with a slice of pizza in my hand as Shivaay held my hand and was laughing.

I felt tears fall down as I wiped them away and shut my computer. All lies. All those moments were lies. What is happening to me? I can't be weak now. I thought as I took a deep breath. I can't let these feelings about a false relationship get to me. I just cannot. He left me for someone else. To marry someone else. Why the hell would I let this get to me? Why?

I mean they are not together anymore, but it doesn't change the fact that he left me. After all he said that he loved me and cared for me...but he still left me because for him it was all a game.

Shivaay's Point of View

I took a deep shaky breath as I swallowed a large sip of wine.

"Woah...are you okay Shivaay?" I heard Omkara say as I rolled my eyes and looked back at him.

"You know sometimes, I don't understand that why do you act like my older brother. You do understand that I am older than you?" I said assertively as Omkara rolled his eyes.

"I know, but you are my brother and I care for you." I shook my head in annoyance and took another sip of alcohol.

"It's been three years since Tia left you and you still are acting weird." Why the hell did he have to say her name? That woman ruined everything for me.

I still remember that horrible divorce and property dispute that lasted for 3 years and when we finally got divorced, she married her boyfriend instantly without a care for my reputation. Recently, I heard from mom that about a year ago she had passed away in a car accident. The news has been shockening considering I had ended all contact with her after our divorce and avoided watching the news that went nuts over our divorce.

She ruined my life, my reputation and even after she is dead she still haunts my reputation. If only I didn't marry her, if only she didn't cheat on me with someone else, everything would have been okay. I would have been okay.

I threw my glass across the floor in anger as I looked back at him with anger.

"It's not about her! We got divorced alright!" I suddenly held my head from the tinge of headache that still persisted after I had seen her...Anika. The moment I saw her, I felt as if I had received an electric shock that left an uncanny, uncomfortable feeling that wouldn't leave me.