Chapter 39 Part 2 of 3: Star-Crossed Lovers

Hi everyone :) I want to begin by thanking God for his support and all of my amazing readers who continue to give so much love and support to this story :)

Please do not forget to read Chapter 39 Part 1 where Anika and Chaaya meet each other! :)

https://www.wattpad.com/841786191-learning-to-love-him-again-chapter-39-part-1-of-3

Mature Content Warning: This Chapter contains mature content appropriate for ages 18 years or above.

I will label the scene where the "Mature Content" begins and rest of the mature content will be in the next part which is Part 3 that I hope to update soon :) I label "Mature Content" as what I think is mature, but others may find it differently.

This week is the "Haldi" week meaning I am hoping to update more frequently with chapters on Shivika's "Haldi" :)

Thank you for reading and if you like this chapter and if you wish please do comment, share, and vote :)

______________________________________________________________________________

Letting our fingers draw together, a small weak smile played upon our lips while we continued to look into each other's eyes finding ourselves bewitched by love that appeared to hold us above the graves of life that laid beneath our feet under this very ground...where the tragic lovers had died.

Our hands engraving our names gently into the tree with our wish slipping through it.

"A simple wish...that may our souls be now united for eternity. That no matter what crisis...what havoc...no matter what, we stand by each other and never fall apart. That for our children, we remain united and our children remain more blessed than even us. May we never part...Shivaay...I don't want to part...like last time..." My voice closing itself shut with tears now speaking my fear that indeed what if we do part like last time.

A sudden force wrapping itself around me as I felt myself being pulled into his embrace with his arms wrapping around my heart pulling me into his chest. Burying my lips into his arms, I began to wail feeling that something worse had happened to me that even I myself cannot remember. I don't know why I am feeling different right now under this tree...why I am feeling enchanted by it as if I am under a spell.

Our eyes capturing the initials of the original lovers below which our names laid.

"A+S..." I whispered reading the initials of those tragic lovers who love had breathed life into this tree. A chill running through the both of us seeing our names written below those initials realizing the similarity...

My heart beginning to skip beats with panic suddenly rushing in realizing what we had done...how we had engraved our essence into this lifeless tree and how that essence appeared to lift its origins and roots from these lovers.

Clasping my hand against my mouth, a sense of shock began to run through me with the ground below me beginning to shake realizing who laid under this ground...the history that laid beneath this ground upon which we both were standing.

"Anika...what's wrong? Anika are you okay?" He questioned pulling me closer as I immediately wrapped my arms around his waist pulling myself into heart finding threads of fear inserting themselves through my flesh and down into my heart that appeared to hold a familiarity with this tragedy...as if it took part in it, but did not remember.