Chapter 22: Chaaya

Hi everyone :) As I always begin, I want to thank God for His blessings. Also, I want to thank all loyal readers who have been reading this story and continuing to give it lots of love :) Thank you for 30,000 views :) Definitely, this has been a huge milestone and it would not have been possible without God's support and the love that all of you readers have given to this story :)

I know I said I would not update this week, but I got too many requests, so I decided to update and give a chapter that I have written so far for the story. I really want to get ahead in writing the chapters, so please do pray that I am able to get ahead in writing the chapters and continue to give weekly updates on Friday nights (U.S. time).

If you haven't read Chapter 21 then please do read it and if you haven't read the midseason preview for the story then please do read it because it will give you a glimpse of the thriller and suspenseful tracks I will be writing very soon. This fashion show track will end in the next three chapters (hoping to give a double update, so ends quickly) which will lead to Shivaay's obsession track to begin.

Thank you for reading :) I do not know if you will like this chapter because it is somewhat flashback based, but I have tried hard to add a good balance of Shivaay and Anika's point of view and this will continue for future storylines as the story demands.

P.S. Please forgive me for any grammar errors. It's really late at night in the U.S. and I have to go to sleep, but I will edit for grammar tomorrow morning again :)

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 22

Flashback

I sat in awkward silence soaking my senses with jazz music as I looked at the happiness around me. Conversations running in rhythm with music, laughter matching the tone of the trumpet, while dancers moved their bodies against the music. Happiness seemingly embracing them. How I wish this happiness also embraces me?

My hand ran through the small bump as I smiled at the small bundle of hope inside of me. Only about two weeks ago I found out about the good news that I was expecting. Indeed, I was surprised by news considering I never thought I would be able to become a mother, but miracles do happen just as they did with me.

It felt odd considering no one knows anything about Shivaay and I. We share such a sacred bond with one another which no one knows about. Of course, I want to tell my parents, but I can't. They have abandoned me ever since I told them I cannot marry the boy of their choice as I love someone. And then Shivaay has his own issues on why he cannot tell his family just yet. For his close circle of friends, we're only boyfriend and girlfriend and then for rest of the world we're just friends.

I am surprised Shivaay decided to bring me to this party celebrating a successful quarter at the eastern branch of Oberoi hospitals since this party is public and has brought in investors and business partners from everywhere. However, I am happy that he has somewhat brought me out in the limelight with him creating a certain awareness that I am his.

I wrapped the heavy golden colored dupatta around me as I attempted to hide the little bundle of hope. My eyes looking around as I attempted to find Shivaay since I was feeling a little nauseous and anxious from the crowd of people present. Getting up from the single table, I made my way through the large party hall trying to find Shivaay.

The world seemingly twirling as I attempted to balance myself. My long anarkali suit not helping as I felt it getting caught up in my feet. I sighed as I walked through the crowd feeling warm and hot as I looked around for the single familiar face I knew.