Chapter 4: The Engagement

Copyright © jasminedarcie

All Rights Reserved

This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner or language whatsoever without the express written permission of the author.

Edit: Please follow me on twitter to not miss out on behind the scenes of writing this story. Also you can provide me feedback on Twitter as well. Please follow me @JasmineDarcie .(https://twitter.com/JasmineDarcie)

________________________________________________________________________________

Shivaay's Point of View

I slammed the door shut behind me as I sighed and placed my head against it and stared into my empty, dark bedroom.

I shouldn't be feeling this way. Not for her at the least. Anika is my past and I should not try to go back and touch that past. I can't let it get to me. Then why am I feeling this way around her? Why does she make me feel uncontrollable? I slammed my fist against the door as I took a deep breath.

I just have to ignore her and try to not to come too close to her. And obviously avoid that nonsense dadi is making up in her mind about Anika and me. I took a deep breath as I walked to my closet and opened a locked drawer. I sighed as I took out a blue box and opened it with a ring sitting in it. It was a white solitaire surrounded by little diamonds that wrapped around it and spread around the band. I looked at the inside of the ring that read "Anika". I still don't know if what we had was truly not real? I lied to her and lied about my feelings, but was it really not real for me? How is it that everything was a lie? Why do I feel that there was more to it? That I actually truly had feelings....I stopped the thought as I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I slammed the box shut and placed it in the drawer promising myself to never look at it.

*****

Anika's Point of View

"Oh My God, you look so beautiful Priyanka," I said as she smiled and fixed up her curls around her loose bun. She smiled as she flaunted her light purple lehenga that was heavily embroidered.

"Thank you. This looks really nice," She said as she twirled in her lehenga. I grabbed a small mark of my eyeliner and placed it behind her ear as she smiled and hugged me tightly.

"You know Anika, everyone deserves a friend like you. You really are nice. You supported me throughout this day. It means a lot. I truly wish that the way I found a life partner like Akash, you too will find someone who loves you a lot," Priyanka said as I smiled.

"Waise, dadi's idea is not bad. You and Shivaay bhaiyya make a nice pair," Priyanka said as I rolled my eyes and slapped her shoulder as she laughed.

"But seriously, Shivaay bhaiyya should have a life partner like you. His life was ruined due to that Tia. I shouldn't say this since she passed away, but honestly she never cared for him and it broke him when she cheated on him. She never got along with anyone in the family either. I don't think she was ever his type. In fact, I feel like bhaiyya was never happy with her. He was always lost in his own thoughts. I think if he gets married to someone who is nice, caring and polite would do him well. Which may be you," She said as I sighed and turned around. I felt tears filling up in my eyes as I attempted to look for "something" in my purse. Well, he did have me, but he didn't want me. I thought. I remember how once I loved him so much that I could give up the world and everything I had for him, but that was never enough for him. He wanted more...more came from Tia. He was always full of himself and selfish. He always thought about himself first rather than both of us. Why did I ever meet him? Why did this happen to me? For some reason I always feel that this world is against me. Why is it that I am always the one who gets left alone? Why? I wiped away my tears and looked towards Priyanka and weakly smiled.