Chapter 19: Don't, Please Respect Me

Thank you God and all my readers for giving so much love to this story :)

Hello everyone, thank you for loving my past update and as I said I would be doing more frequent updates, so this is the midweek update of this week :)

If you wish, please do give feedback and upvote :) I love feedback and so if you wish please do give me feedback :) Thank you :)

______________________________________________________________________________

Anika's Point of View

My hands ran through my hair as hazel color dripped from it as a reflection from the sun. I sighed as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I puffed out my cheeks as I tried to look more energized despite the clear appearance of dark circles that I attempted to hide with concealer. My body clearly wanting to sleep right in this moment, but I couldn't considering I had an important meeting to attend at the hospital.

I slightly winced as my ribcage still hurt from the drowning incident. My hand running over it as I remembered it was a result of Shivaay saving my life as he gave me CPR. Indeed, I am grateful to him for saving my life, but in no manner does it mean that such action has created a soft corner in my heart. It shouldn't.

I should be out of the hospital for two weeks considering the injury I have, but I am beginning to contemplate if it is healthy for me to continue to stay at home with my thoughts that signaled anxiety and sadness over a dreadful past I have had. Moreover, considering what happened last night, I have realized I may have poor self restraint over my emotions and that it may be better to go back to work and focus only upon it. It is something I am currently contemplating upon. I paused the thought as I quickly grabbed the beige colored purse and placed it on my shoulder as I dashed out of my car towards the main entrance of the hospital.

Today is a supposedly important meeting the Oberois are holding for all physicians and medical residents in the Internal Medicine department, so I decided to show up considering it was important and I should definitely not miss out on it.

I fixed my black jumpsuit as I held onto my white coat and made my way towards the elevators in the main lobby. Considering my unusual fear of elevators, I still decided to take them considering it would be quite difficult to walk the stairs all the way up to the top floor. A crowd of people made their way in front of me as I followed along into it.

"Hm...long time no see Dr. Malhotra. Did you enjoy your small vacation?" Dr. Amoli smirked as she hit her shoulder lightly against mine before walking into the elevator. I threw a glare towards her without saying a word considering she was the chief resident who had authority over me while I didn't. I do have distaste for her to a certain extent considering how she always targets me and makes me work long hours, but what can I do? Nothing. She's in power and considering this is my last year in residency, I have to be on my best behavior and just get done with residency to move on in life.

I took a breath of annoyance as Dr. Thakur got in. I looked inside and noticed I was clearly not going to make it as everyone squeezed together. Amoli gave me a smirk as she crossed her arms and looked at me up and down.

"Too big...see you next time ok?" Amoli said smirking as my eyes widened at her comment. I threw a curse at her in my mind as the elevator doors closed.

I looked down at myself and fixed the v-line cleavage of my jumpsuit as I felt a bit self conscious. Ok, I admit I may be going a tad bit high on the junk food lately despite knowing as a doctor it is unhealthy, but I have tried hard to be a size 10. I have always struggled with my weight ever since I entered teen hood and at one point going over 200 pounds, but I am trying hard and I should feel no shame at all. Everyone is human and no one should be judged especially by a doctor, but I guess Amoli has no respect for her profession.