Chapter 17: Our Moment

Hello everyone, I just want to thank God and all of you for all the love you have given to my story so far :). It is unbelievable that this story has reached over 22K reads :). I never imagined this would have been possible and it wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for God and all you readers who read this story and spread the word about it. I want to thank God and all of you from the bottom of my heart :).

*WARNING/AUTHOR'S NOTE: I have tried to make the last scene very classy and not explicit to my best of knowledge. A few kissing scenes are in the last scene, but I have tried my best to be appropriate because I personally do not like to write explicit scenes and I really believe in writing appropriate scenes.I worked hard to keep the scene very clean, but if you do not like the scene, I would be glad to further cut the scene.

I have written two new chapters, so please do read Chapter 16 before reading this chapter, which is Chapter 17. I am emphasizing Chapter 17 because the last scene may be a dramatic twist in the story, so please do not miss it :) These two chapters will reveal some answers to secrets :)

Moreover, the last scene in Chapter 17 may be hated or loved...I am definitely nervous about your reactions. You may have a lot of questions regarding it, but believe me Anika and Shivaay were in their characters and what happened was for a reason. I deeply apologize if you didn't like this plot line. So, I am hoping for the best right now :)

Please feel free to give positive and negative feedback as I feel this update of two chapters will bring in a wide range of opinions. I apologize in advance if I may have screwed up the plot line.

Also, please do read the first chapter of my new Shivika story: The Bond of Love and Hate. I really want to know if I should continue this new Shivika story. Thank you :)

URL Link for my new Shivika story: https://www.wattpad.com/story/197894144-the-bond-of-love-and-hate-shivika

If you wish, please do follow me on Twitter as my username is JasmineDarcie

Thank you for reading and if you wish please do upvote and give feedback :) Also, please let me know if you have liked the songs I chose so far in this update because I am not sure if you like the songs or not. The songs add more emotions and feelings to the scenes, so if possible and if you wish, please do listen to the songs while reading the scenes :).

_______________________________________________________________________________

Anika's Point of View

I took a deep breath as I smelled the beautiful sea breeze and attempted to find peace which I couldn't. It didn't come. Not once. I heard a tinge of loud laughter and music as I looked back realizing there was a small open bar a few feet away. Digging my feet into the sand, I began to drag my feet through the sand as I made my way towards the bar. My hair beginning to fly against my face as I pushed them aside. My shawl begging to go with the wind as I held it hard against my chest and made my way towards the bar.

It had been years since I drank alcohol...last time I did...was when he left me. I remember for the first time picking up that glass of alcohol and thinking if it would erase the awful memories I had...Somehow it worked and I remember drowning myself in it for a couple of days as I wanted to poison the memories I shared with him. Indeed, today was one of those days that I wanted to poison those same memories I had buried many years ago, but were coming back.