Chapter 7: Fire and Ice

Copyright © jasminedarcie

All Rights Reserved

This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner or language whatsoever without the express written permission of the author.

Edit: Please follow me on twitter to not miss out on behind the scenes of writing this story. Also you can provide me feedback on Twitter as well. Please follow me @JasmineDarcie .(https://twitter.com/JasmineDarcie)

________________________________________________________________________________

My eyes stood still as I looked at the mangalsutra, a symbol of love and marriage, as I turned my eyes and looked at Shivaay as his eyes stood still as he looked at it. Time stood still as we stared at because it brought memories...memories of a broken relationship. A relationship full of dreams and a hopeful future. A future that I longed for and still do. That mangalsutra held my dreams and held our relationship because it was mine.

Flashback Begins:

My hands shook as I closed the door shut and locked the car. My eyes wandered to the crowd that scattered across the large lawn as champagne glasses clinked to commence the celebration of the wedding of the decade-the wedding of Shivaay Singh Oberoi with Tia Sharma. A wedding that saw the union of one of the richest families in the world and a wedding that saw the commencement of the beginning of a multi-million dollar project that aimed at the advancement in pharmaceutical research and technology along with the expansion of the Oberoi family's hospital chain. I noticed the wide smiles on everyone's faces as people danced, gossiped and chit chatted their way. It truly was a wedding for the rich. Somehow I was here as well.

I walked towards the front entrance of the large hotel as I drifted my eyes throughout the lobby and saw wedding guests everywhere. I tried to move my eyes through the crowd to scan for him. Shivaay.

Today, I have to get to Shivaay no matter what. I just have to. This is a matter of both of our lives and I have to address it. I have questions and I need answers from him. How is it the last three years of our lives was meaningless? That our relationship was meaningless. No matter what I have to meet him. It has been months since I have been trying to get into contact with him and get answers and somehow he is not willing to face me or answer my questions. The only time we encountered each other was in....the courtroom where everything ended. I shut the thought out of my mind as I quickly walked to the front reception desk as I fixed my sari's pallu.

"Hi, I am here to meet Mr. Shivaay Singh Oberoi," I said as the receptionist's smile fell flat and looked at me curiously.

"May I ask who you are?" The receptionist asked curiously as I sighed and showed her my ID.

"My name is Anika Oberoi. I am here to meet him because he is...can you just call him and let him know I am here? Let him know that if he does not let me up to his room then I will tell everyone about us and I have proof of it too," I said sternly as the receptionist's eyes widened and mouth gaped as her eyes traced my face. Her eyes clearly tracing the large diamond solitaire that stood in my ring finger as I quickly hid it under my pallu and looked at her bravely in an attempt to hold ground and meet Shivaay at least once because no matter how much he argues and tries to convince me that our relationship was a lie...I know deep down that it wasn't. That we were not a lie...that our love was not a lie.

"Ma'am.....there is strict protocol on who can visit him," the receptionist replied.

"Please, just try at least once," I said as the receptionist sighed as the placed a pleading face in front of her. The receptionist sighed as she grabbed her phone and dialed a number.