Chapter 5: Cake and Tears

Copyright © jasminedarcie

All Rights Reserved

This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner or language whatsoever without the express written permission of the author.

Edit: Please follow me on twitter to not miss out on behind the scenes of writing this story. Also you can provide me feedback on Twitter as well. Please follow me @JasmineDarcie .(https://twitter.com/JasmineDarcie)

________________________________________________________________________________

Shivaay's Point of View

My vision blurred as I tried to open my eyes against the sunlight that was shining on to my bed. I tried to move my head up, but couldn't as a sharp pain emerged in my head. Pushing myself out of my deep sleep with all the power I could, I got up on to my elbows as I stared out the window. My eyes wandered to the state of my bed as I noted my bedsheet dropping down on to the floor, my coat laying spread apart on the bed as my shoes being collapsed on the floor. I held my head and rubbed it as I tried to recall what had happened last night. I sighed as I remembered Anika. There she was stuck in my memories as I recalled our argument from last night. What went wrong? Was it the atmosphere or the tension that eventually burst open from the box in which we had our memories locked in? What happened to Anika? Most importantly, what happened to me? I should've avoided her and avoided confrontation with her, but I couldn't. There is something about her that just pulls me towards her. It is something.

I looked at the clock and realized it was nine in the morning. Oh God, I have to meet that caterer! I quickly got up and dashed to the bathroom. God, I have so much to do today. As far as I remember, I have to go with Akash and Priyanka to visit their caterer and taste out food and choose menu options for the upcoming wedding rituals and the wedding itself.

I quickly rushed downstairs as I fixed my shirt and ran my hands through my hair. I heard loud laughs and chatter coming from the dining room.

"Waise, you woke up a little late today," I heard someone say as I turned around and noticed Om walking to me as I rolled my eyes.

"So? I was a little drunk last night...it happens," I said as he crossed his arms and raised his eyebrow at me.

"What? What do you want to say?" I asked as Om shook his head and walked up to me.

"I saw you and Anika together last night. You both went together to your room," Om said as my eyes widened. Crap, I forgot all about that. My memory is a bit blurry, but I do remember her bringing me to my room. Suddenly, the bulb lit up as I remembered what happened last night in our room. I shoved the memory out of my head as I gave Om a stern look.

"Look there is nothing going on between Anika and me. I was drunk and she dropped me off in my room. That is all! Most importantly, you shouldn't be asking me these questions Om. I am older than you and I know my limits," I replied as Om's eyes softened and he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I know, but still I wanted to ask because we all have been thinking about you. Maybe, you should be considering to find a new life partner," Om began until I raised by hand at him and I clenched by teeth and looked up at him.

"I know you care for me Om, but please don't ever discuss about this topic with me again," I replied as I turned on my feet and entered the dining room.

I suddenly felt everyone's eyes on me as the talking mellowed down as I sat next to Dadi as Om came and sat right next to me.

Gauri offered me my omelette as I thanked her and felt Dadi's gaze on me along with mom and dad's.