Chapter 22

We spent the whole day together and ended up back at Danielle's so that Zayn could say hi to her and Eleanor.

"I can't believe you came Zayn, how sweet." danielle smiled as she made tea for us all.

"I know I am." Zayn laughed proudly and I playfully hit his arm.

"when are you going back?" Eleanor asked.

"tomorrow evening, but we'll be home really soon anyway."

"so are you staying here tonight or are you going back to yours?" danielle questioned. "you're welcome to stay here if you want."

"oh no, I need to pop back to mine to get some things so I'll just stay there tonight."

"stay here." I whispered into his ear quietly.

"I can't babe, you have school tomorrow so you need sleep anyway."

"no, I can get sleep any time, besides I'll just skip tomorrow. i need you." I smiled as he looked at me and kissed my cheek.

"you are going to school tomorrow." he laughed and I shook my head.

"nope." I smiled cheekily and he gently pushed me back into the sofa. "Dan?"

"yes love?"

"can I stay at zayns tonight?"

"no you have school tomorrow and you're not missing another day, Liam will kill me."

"please Dan?"

"let her go Dan." Eleanor helped and Danielle turned around.

"oh my god, it's like having 2 daughters with you two. No, I'm sorry but you have to go to school."

"I will go to school, I'll get the bus tomorrow morning!"

Danielle paused to think and Zayn piped in the conversation. "I'll take her to school tomorrow. Promise."

"oh I don't know." Danielle worried and Eleanor sighed.

"just let her go, imagine that was you and Liam."

"alright fine, if I call and she's not at school tomorrow, you're gonna be the one explaining to Liam, not me." Danielle gave in, pointing her finger at Zayn.

Danielle had got extremely protective over me since the boys left. She was like a sister version of Liam.

"I swear she'll be at school at 8:45 on the dot." Zayn smiled.

"school starts at 8:25, Zayn." Danielle laughed.

"oh."

"ok, do you need to bring anything?" Danielle asked and I shook my head.

"no, I have stuff at Liam's so I'll just go in there quickly." I told her and she nodded.

Zayn stood up indicating that we were leaving so I followed after hugging Danielle and Eleanor.

"Be good. No funny business Zayn, i mean it." Danielle told him.

"wha-"

"you know what I mean." she said and we left out the door.

We got to the apartment building that I missed for so long. "finally home." I admired it as I got out of the car. 

Zayn extended his arm towards me and took my hand in his.

"babe, can we have a quick smoke?"

"I quit." I told him proudly.

"since when?" he asked and I cringed.