Chapter 16.

Carly's POV

I frowned as I watched the boys perform. Last show before I leave back home. I already said my goodbyes to the boys, excluding Nikki, of course. I am going to miss being on tour with the rest of the boys, but I can't handle this anymore.

I sighed and turned to leave, I'll just skip out now. "Wait!" I heard Nikki say into the mic. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around.

I saw Nikki running over to me, bass still on. "Wait, please." He said as he got right in front of me. "Don't go." He said as he got right in front of me.

"What?" I asked, clearly confused.

"Tommy and Vince told me that you were leaving, I thought they were joking but, I see you start walking away." He said. "Don't leave, please." He said.

"Nikki, you're missing your show," I said and started to walk away again.

"I don't care! I care about you!" He shouted. My heart started to slam again my chest, I stopped in my tracks.

I slowly turned around and looked at him once again. "You don't care about me, you've shown me that you don't," I said.

"No, Carly. I care, a lot." He said and walked over to me again. "I really like you, I'm sorry for how I've been treating you." He said.

"You don't really like me, you've been horrible to me for most of this tour," I said. "Nikki, I can't be around you anymore. You're making my self-esteem even lower than it already was before the tour started." I said.

I started to walk away again, I felt tears sting my eyes. He's so complicated, I don't know what he wants from me.

"I'm falling in love with you!" He called after me.

This time, I froze. My heart started beating faster, my cheeks started to get hot, I can feel my heartbeat in my ears. Falling in love with me? I turned around again.

"I'm falling in love with you, Carly. I really am, I'm not good with feelings and love, because I haven't been shown much love in my life. I don't know how to be around someone that I have strong feelings for, so I treat you badly because that's all I know." He said.

I shook my head and blinked my eyes, as soon as I did the tears came running down my face. "You aren't falling in love with me, you can't," I said quietly.

"But, I do! You're the first person outside of my grandparents to make me feel happy like this, I like you a lot. I thought it was just a small crush, but when I saw you with Tommy, something inside of me snapped. It hurt so badly, I felt like my heart would break." He said.

I sighed again. "I can't keep doing this, I have no clue what we are and I'm tired of waiting around trying to figure out what I am to you," I said.

He took his bass off and put it to the side and then wrapped his arms around my waist. He pulled me close to him and our eyes met, it seemed as if all the air in my lungs disappeared, being this close to Nikki again. I haven't felt his arms around me in what seems like forever. I wish that I didn't like him as much as I did, he honestly scares me. Every part of me screams to just run the other direction. But, as soon as I look into his green eyes, it's like I melt. He's become my weakness.

"Carly, listen to me," He started. "You're the most beautiful and caring woman I have ever met. I don't want to lose you, I don't want you to leave. The thought of you leaving scares the hell outta me." He said.

"You need to get back on stage, you're missing your show," I said, just barely.

"I'm not leaving your side until you tell me that you'll stay." He said.

He leaned in closer, pressing his lips against mine. I gave in and wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. I can't help it, there's something about him that pulls me in. I can't exactly explain what it is, but when his lips are on mine, it's like he casts a spell on me.

He broke the kiss and looked down at me. "Please, don't leave me, Carly. I'm not done falling in love with you." He said.

I dry swallowed. When I woke up this morning, I was certain that I wanted to leave, but feeling his lips on mine again, hearing him talk to me like this, I can't... I can't leave. I don't want to leave anymore. I want to be here with Nikki.

"I'm not going to leave." I finally spoke.

His face lit up. "Really??" He asked.

"Yes, really," I replied and smiled.

He smiled wide and lifted me up, he spun me around, causing laughter to erupt from my lips. I held onto him as he looked up at me.

"You have no idea how happy that makes me, baby." He said.

He put me down and leaned in to kiss me again. I put my finger on his lips.

"Aren't you forgetting about something?" I asked.

He pondered for a second and then his eyes went wide. "Holy shit, the show. I completely forgot." He said with a chuckle. He picked his bass up and put it on. "This isn't over, be right here when the show ends. We're not done making up." He said and ran off.

I smiled as I saw him run back out on stage. He looked over at me and winked. I felt heat rush to my cheeks. Maybe I'm making a mistake by staying here, but right now? I don't care. I really like Nikki. I hope he stays this way for a while. I don't want the mean side of him to come out again. I love this Nikki, I love when he treats me like this. I just hope this time it lasts.

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye!)