Chapter 39.

Carly's POV

Nikki and I walked into the venue, well more like Nikki carried me in. Ever since the accident happened, he doesn't want me to do anything by myself. He's gotten more and more protective each minute that passes.

"Get out of the way, my fiancé is coming through!" Nikki said loudly.

I laughed. "Nikki, stop it." I said.

"Sorry, people need to realize that you're basically royalty now, being my fiancé and all." He said, making sure he said "fiancé" loudly.

"Oh my god!" I laughed.

We walked into the dressing room and I hopped down off his back. He pushed the clothes rack to the normal area and turned back to face me.

"I didn't say you could get off my back, come on. Up." He said and bent down.

"Babe, you need to get dressed. How are you going to get dressed with me on your back?" I asked.

"Doesn't matter. Get on my back." He said.

"Nikki, I'm fine." I said and sat down on the couch. "Seriously, I'm not that fragile. I'll be fine even if I'm not in your arms every single minute of every single day." I said.

He didn't reply. He just walked over and sat down in my lap and wrapped his arm around my neck.

"Fine, if I can't hold you, you're gonna hold me." He said.

"Nikki, get up and get ready!" I laughed.

"I gotta make sure you're alright, Bambi." He said.

"I'll be fine! What could happen to me by sitting on the couch?" I asked.

"A train could plow through here." He replied.

"And you sitting on my lap would save me from that?" I asked.

"Yes, yes it will." He replied with a chuckle and kissed my head.

"Hey!" I heard Tommy's voice.

Nikki and I looked over and saw Tommy walking into the dressing room. He put his hands on his hips.

"Uh.. yeah?" I asked.

"What's all this I hear about fiancée's and shit?!" He exclaimed.

"Carly and I are engaged." Nikki replied.

"And you fail to tell your best friend?!" Tommy exclaimed.

"Aw, Tommy." I said with a smile. "I would've told you but, Nikki won't let me leave his sight." I said with a small laugh.

"You're suffocating the poor girl, get up!" Tommy laughed and walked over, pulling Nikki off me. "We gotta get ready, dude." He said.

Nikki frowned. "I'll be right back to that spot as soon as I'm done dressing." Nikki said and walked over to his clothes.

"God, does he ever leave you alone now?" Tommy asked with a laugh.

"Nope, can't say I'm upset about it, though." I replied and smiled.

"So, where's the ring?" Tommy asked.

"I don't have one yet. The proposal was kinda of the spur of the moment." I replied. "He's going to get one for me, though and said that he's going to do a proper one." I added on.

"Nikki Sixx doing a romantic proposal? Yeah right!" Tommy laughed.

"Hey!" I heard Nikki. I looked over and he's shirtless, oh my god. How am I just now realizing how sickly he looks? "I can be romantic!" He said.

"Since when?" Tommy asked.

"Since now! I can do romance." He said and put his shirt on. "Carly, don't worry. I can be romantic. I'll plan the most romantic proposal you've ever seen." He said and winked.

I smiled. "Okay, you've intrigued me." I said and forced a smile.

Tommy walked over to get dressed and I frowned. How have I not realized how skinny Nikki has gotten? I'm now realizing that the track marks on his body are scabbed and some look infected. His hands are scabbed up, he's pale, his clothes are starting to hang off of him, I'm going to need to talk to him, do something.

My Nikki is wasting away into nothing but heroin and cocaine.

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye🧸)