Chapter 24.

Carly's POV

A few days have passed, Nikki has kept his distance from me since he saw that Vince and I had sex. The hickey on my neck is almost gone now, I have to say I'm kind of upset about it. Every time Nikki glances at me, he looks hurt and jealous. It may make me sound me like an asshole, but I like it. He deserved a taste of his own medicine.

"Draw 2." Tommy said as he put the card down.

I looked down at the card and then glared at him. He chuckled. "Hey, you gotta draw 2." He said.

"No I don't," I said. I put down another draw 2 card. "Draw 4." I said with a smile.

"You're mean!" He laughed and then looked through his cards again. He put down another draw 2. "Draw 6!" He said.

I put down another draw 2. "Draw 8." I said and laughed.

"No! That's not fair!" He said with a laugh.

"You started this!" I laughed.

He shook his head and drew 8 cards. "So mean." He grumbled, making me laugh again.

I put down a red card. "Uno." I said and smiled.

"Oh my god! You're gonna win because you're playing unfairly!" He whined.

"God, how old are you? You're acting like a baby." I asked and smiled.

"I'm 24, almost 25. Thank you very much." He replied with a chuckle and put down a card.

"You're acting like a 5 year old." I teased. I put down my last card. "I win." I said and looked up at him.

He groaned and put his cards down. "You cheated." He said.

I laughed. "How could I cheat at uno?" I asked.

"You distracted me with how pretty you are!" He replied with a laugh.

I smiled and stood up. "Almost 25? When's your birthday?" I asked.

"October 3rd." He replied and stood with me. "How old are you?" He asked.

"You never ask a lady her age, it's rude!" I said.

"Oh, I didn't know–" "I'm just kidding. I'm 26." I replied with a laugh.

He rolled his eyes. "You had me worried that I offended you, ya dick." He said with a chuckle.

I laughed a little and then I saw Nikki walk into the dressing room. I looked over at him, but couldn't see his eyes. He had his bangs hanging over them. He walked over to his clothes on the rack and then over to his area. Weird, he's usually always obnoxious with the rest of the boys.

"Is Nikki okay?" I quietly asked Tommy.

Tommy looked over at Nikki and then back to me. "I don't know. He hasn't really spoken a word to me. Or to anyone for that matter." He replied.

After Nikki dressed, he walked over to me. Which shocked me, he has hardly even made eye contact with me since he saw me with Vince.

"I need to talk to you." He said and took my hand and lead me out of the dressing room. As soon as we left the room, he turned and looked at me. "You told me a few weeks back that I could talk to anytime I needed to, well I need to now." He said.

"You actually remembered that?" I asked.

"Of course I did." He replied. "Can I talk to you? Is that offer still good?" He asked.

I was kinda surprised with how nice Nikki is being after what I did to him. It made me feel like shit for what I did. I thought he would be enraged, I kinda wanted that reaction. I wanted him to get angry, not sad. But, that's all he's been is sad and he's been sulking around for these past few days.

"Carly? Is it okay that I talk to you?" He asked, breaking me from my thoughts.

"O–Oh, yeah. Yeah, of course." I replied, finally.

Nikki opened his mouth to say something but, tears filled his eyes and he shut his mouth. He looked down and I saw tears stream down his cheeks. His few tears turned to sobbing, really crying. His whole body shook with tears.

I had never seen Nikki this emotional before, it feels like my heart is ripping apart seeing him so upset. I felt tears fill my eyes as well.

Suddenly, he pulled me into him and hugged me tightly. I wrapped my arms around him, rubbing his back. A tear ran down my cheek, hearing Nikki sob like this is the saddest sound in the world. Nikki rarely ever lets his emotions out, he bottles up everything and drowns out all his emotions with drugs and alcohol. But, we all have a breaking point and I think this is his.

"I'm sorry." He finally said, his voice unsteady. "I–I know that doesn't just erase everything I've done to you but, I truly am sorry, Carly. I never meant to hurt you like that a few nights ago." He cried.

We finally released from our embrace and he looked down at me, his face is red and his eyes are puffy. It's a crushing sight, for the first time ever, I'm actually seeing Nikki as a human. Not a zombie who does drugs all the time, but as an actual person.

"Nikki, it's okay. It really is." I said.

He shook his head. "It's not! It's not okay how I treat you! How I treat everyone! I'm mean, I'm cruel and I treat the people I love like shit!" He exclaimed, tears still running down his face.

I don't know what came over me but, I grabbed onto his leather jacket and pulled him into me. Pressing my lips to his, I could tell he was shocked but, soon kissed me back. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I moved my hands from off his jacket. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my hands made his way to his hair.

Usually when we make out, it's passionate, but this is a different type of passion. It's romantic, it's not the kind of kiss that is going to lead to sex, this is the best kissing session Nikki and I have ever had. It's almost as if he's holding me to keep me from leaving him again.

He broke the kiss but, I could tell that he was reluctant to. He looked down at me. "Never leave me again, never be with Vince again. Please, be patient with me, Carly. Just..." He trailed off. "Please." He said.

I smiled a little and Nikki's lips curved into a smile when he saw me smile. "I'm not going anywhere, Nikki." I reassured him.

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye🧸)