Chapter 37.

Nikki's POV

"You remember it, don't you?" Derek asked Carly.

She laughed. "Yes! How could I forget? I remember every single moment with you." She replied.

Well, clearly. Not every single moment. I can't believe he's here right now. Carly told the nurses to contact him, that's why he's here.

"Can you leave now? I was getting somewhere with getting her memory back." I asked and glared at Derek.

He looked away from Carly and looked at me. "She wants to be with her fiancé. Not some random fling that didn't even last." He said. "Remember when I proposed?" He asked.

She smiled. "Yes. It was the happiest day of my life." She replied.

I rolled my eyes. "I have the ring. It fell off when you were in the car crash." He said and got the ring out of his pocket.

My eyes went wide.

"You're lying to her, you're a scum bag." I said lowly.

"And like you're any better?" He asked. He turned back to Carly.

I couldn't hold it back anymore. I can feel it coming up, I know Carly is happy to see him but, I can't keep letting him glide past this and avoid the subject.

"So, when are you gonna tell her that you cheated on her one week before the wedding?" I asked loudly, making sure Carly hears.

He whipped around and gave me a death stare.

"Did you really do that?" Carly asked.

He turned back to face her. "Uh, well–"

"Yes! He did! You told me, Carly! You said it was embarrassing to call all your friends and family to cancel to tell them he chose another woman over you!" I exploded and stood up from my chair. "He's been lying to you this whole time you were talking, you cannot trust him!" I exclaimed.

Carly took her hands away from Derek's and gave him a dirty look. "I... remember that." She said quietly. "Get out." She said.

"Babe–"

"No, don't call me that. Get out, I'm done with you. For good." She cut him off.

He stood up and body checked me as he went out the door. I chuckled and looked back at Carly.

"Are you okay?" I asked and sat down on the bed next to her.

"I'm fine. Thank you for helping me remember that." She replied and smiled at me.

"Don't mention it, Bambi." I said.

As soon as I said, "Bambi" it was like a lightbulb went off in her head.

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye🧸)