Chapter 48.

1988

Carly's POV

It's been a while since I've seen Nikki, with both of us going to rehab and then having to relocate for the new album. I wanted to go with them, but their manager wouldn't let anyone tag along. They wanted no distractions, which I understand but, I miss him so, so much.

Today is the day that we finally see each other again and I'm so anxious that I can't sit still. I've been chainsmoking all day long, just waiting for that car to pull up.

After what seemed like an eternity, the car pulled up. I flicked away my cigarette and blew out the smoke. Nikki opened the car door and smiled wide.

I smiled just as wide and ran down the steps of the porch and ran towards him. I jumped into his arms and wrapped my arms and legs around him. He hugged me tightly and spun me around. I felt tears run down my cheeks.

"Hey, Bambi." Nikki said and laughed a little.

"I've missed you so much, baby." I cried, leaning back and looking at his face.

"Aw, don't cry. You're gonna make me cry." He said and put me down.

"I'm just so happy to see you again!" I said and laughed.

He smiled and leaned down, kissing me deeply. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself closer to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

We broke the kiss and he pressed his forehead against mine. "You're even more beautiful than when I last saw you." He said and smiled.

"Thank you, babe." I said and kissed his lips again. "Did I feel abs when we hugged?" I asked.

He laughed. "Yeah, I have slight abs now, I'm not swoll." He said.

I laughed. "You gotta show me more of that body tonight but, for now. Let's go in so you can tell me all about the new album!" I said excitedly.

He chuckled. "God, I've missed you." He said and grabbed his bags.

I picked up some of his bags and we walked inside. We dropped the bags and I immediately hugged him again.

"You're so clingy right now." He laughed. "Can't say I don't like it, though." He said and hugged me again. He kissed the top of my head before we released from our embrace.

"Well, tell me about the album!" I said and sat down on the couch.

"Oh, yeah!" He said and grabbed a CD from his bag. "There's one song that I need you to hear right now." He said.

He walked over and put the CD in and started to skip the songs.

"Why're you skipping all of them? I wanna hear every single one!" I asked.

"You will, Bambi. Just, wait. I need you to hear the song I wrote for you." He said.

My face lit up. "You wrote a song about me?" I asked.

"Yes, ma'am." He replied. "Okay, shh. Just listen." He said and walked over to me.

He sat down next to me as the song started to play. He pulled me into his lap and kissed my shoulder. "It's called, Without You." He said.

I smiled wide and wrapped my arms around him as I listened.

"Without you, there's no change
My nights and days are grey
If I reached out and touched the rain
It just wouldn't feel the same,"

I smiled and looked at Nikki. He kissed my cheek.

"Without you, I'd be lost
I'd slip down from the top
I'd slide down so low
Girl you never, never know...

Without you, without you
A sailor lost at sea
Without you, woman, The world comes down on me,"

I felt tears fill my eyes, happy tears though. This song is absolutely beautiful so far.

"Without you in my life
I'd slowly wilt and die
But with you by my side
You're the reason I'm alive
But with you in my life
You're the reason I'm alive
But without you, without you..."

A tear ran down my cheek. "Nikki, this is beautiful." I said.

He wiped the tear of my cheek. "It's not over yet, babe." He said and smiled at me.

"Without you, my hope is small
Let me be me all along
Let the fires rage inside
Knowing someday I'd grow strong."

The song carried on and, the more it goes on, the more emotional I get. It's beautiful. The most beautiful song I've ever heard in my life.

"I could face a mountain
But I could never climb alone
I could start another day
But how many, just don't know
You're the reason the sun shines down
And the nights, they don't grow cold
Only you that I'll hold when I'm young
Only you... as we grow old,"

The song went on for a little more before it came to an end and I cupped Nikki's face and kissed him deeply. He smiled into the kiss and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me even closer to him.

He broke the kiss. "Did you like it?" He asked.

"Like it? I loved it!" I said and kissed him again.

He laughed and broke the kiss. "Geez, why do you keep hugging and kissing me? What do you have a crush on me or something?" He asked and winked at me.

I laughed. "Nah, you're just alright." I replied.

He laughed again. "Just alright?" He asked.

I nodded. "Mhm." I replied.

"Hm, well, let's go to the bedroom and we'll see if I'm still just alright after that." He said and stood up, lifting me.

I laughed as he walked up to the bedroom. He dropped me on the bed and got over top of me, kissing me deeply.

He broke the kiss and smiled down at me. "I love you so much, Carly." He said.

"I love you so much more." I said and pulled him close to me again, kissing him.

(A/N: Tell me what you wanna see happen in this story! I'm not ready for it to end just yet! Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye🧸)