Chapter 7.

Carly's POV

It's been roughly a week since the whole incident with Nikki happened. I haven't been able to face any of the boys. I'm beyond mortified, I have never been so embarrassed in my life.

I walked into my hotel room and sat down. I got out my cigarettes and sat down on the bed and placed the ashtray next to me. I lit a cigarette and exhaled the smoke as I got out my book to read. I smiled a little. This is a perfect night.

An hour has come and gone and I'm on the last chapter of my book, I flipped the page and put out my 3rd cigarette. I heard a loud thud from outside my room. I furrowed my eyebrows and put my bookmark in. I sat my book down and walked over towards my door and opened it up.

I stepped out and looked to my left. Nobody. I turned to my right and saw Nikki laying face down on the ground in the hallway. I rolled my eyes and went to shut my door again but, I realized that he wasn't moving, at all. I sighed and walked over to him. I bent down next to him.

"Nikki." I said and put my hand on his back, gently shaking him. "Get up." I said.

He didn't move. He didn't make a sound. I furrowed my eyebrows. What's wrong when him? I shook him again, this time with more force.

"Nikki." I said louder. "Come on, you gotta get up." I said. Still nothing.

I started to get panicked. Oh god, is he okay? I put my hand on his neck to check his pulse, he still has one, but it's slower than normal. I bent down and put his arm over my shoulder and wrapped my arm around his waist and helped him up. When his full body weight was on me, I stumbled and fell against the wall.

"He better be fucking grateful when he wakes up." I grumbled to myself as I started to walk to my hotel room again. I got him back to my room and laid him down on one of my beds.

He landed with a groan. "Oh, good. You're awake." I whispered to myself. He started coughing and almost gasping for air. My eyes went wide. Oh god, is he overdosing? He looks really pale. I frantically looked around and grabbed the trash can.

I put it next to him and got next to him on the bed. I sat him up. "Nikki, talk to me. What did you take?" I asked. I looked at his face and he can barely keep his eyes open, he can't even form a sentence. "I'm sorry in advance for what I'm about to do." I said.

I opened his mouth up and stuck 2 of my fingers down his throat. He gagged and choked a little. "I'm sorry." I said and did it again. He leaned forward and I took my hand away as he threw up into the trash can.

I rubbed his back as he threw up. I put his hair in his shirt to keep it out of his face. He sat up straight and breathed out. "T-Thank you." He struggled to say.

"Nikki, what did you take?" I asked as I got up and moved the trash can to the bathroom. I walked back over and sat next to him.

He shrugged. "Dunno, whatever was offered to me." He slurred.

"Do you have heroin in your system, too?" I asked. He nodded. "Nikki, why're you doing this to yourself?" I asked sadly. I took his boots off and helped him out of his leather jacket.

He shrugged again. "It doesn't matter." He slurred. "I don't matter." He added on.

"Nikki, don't say that. Yes you do–" "Stop it. I don't. You said it yourself, I'm not a good bassist, I'm pointless here." He cut me off. "The band only cares because I write the songs. Without me, they wouldn't get paid." He slurred.

I frowned. "Nikki, I am so sorry for saying that to you. I was angry and hurt, I didn't mean it. Those were words of anger. You're an amazing bass player." I said. Nikki looked over at me.

"You think I'm a good bass player?" He asked. I nodded and held his hand. He looked down at our hands and then met my gaze again. "You really think so?" He asked.

"Yes, I do. I really do." I replied. He smiled a little and kissed my cheek. I felt heat rush to the area.

He laid down and nuzzled his head into the pillow. "Lay with me, Bambi." He murmured. I smiled a little and laid next to him.

"Don't get fresh." I warned. He chuckled and wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into him, making my face heat up even more.

"I won't, I just wanna hold you." He said and kissed my neck. My whole face is hot from what he's doing. Why is he being so affectionate?

I leaned over and turned off the lamp. "Goodnight, Bambi." I heard him say.

Since I'm in the dark, I let myself smile. Really smile, like showing my teeth smile. I guess I do have a small, very small, crush on Nikki. It's harmless and I know it'll go away but, for tonight I'm gonna enjoy it.

"Goodnight, Nikki." I said and shut my eyes.

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye🧸)