Epilogue

2019

Carly's POV

I woke up and walked downstairs, still half asleep. I walked over to the coffee maker and started to brew some. I yawned and rubbed my eyes, trying to wake myself up some.

I heard footsteps coming towards me and I looked over my shoulder to see Frankie. I smiled. "Hello, gorgeous." I greeted her.

She smiled and rolled her eyes. "Good morning, Mom." She said and walked over to me.

I hugged her tightly and kissed her head. "How did you sleep?" I asked and poured a cup of coffee.

"I slept fine, how did you sleep?" She asked and took my cup.

"You know, I was gonna drink that." I said with a small laugh. "I slept fine." I replied.

"I know you were gonna drink it, but you can't say no to your tired daughter, can you?" She asked, jokingly.

I laughed a little. "I know you're joking, but I really can't say no." I replied.

"When's Dad getting here?" She asked.

"Later today, Hun." I replied. "Your brothers and sisters are going to come over today, too. We're gonna have a family day." I added on.

She smiled. "Good, I'm glad." She said. "Well, I'm gonna go back up to my room and get ready for the day. Love you." She said as she started to walk back upstairs.

"Love you more." I said.

She turned her head and smiled at me before walking back upstairs. I poured myself some coffee, adding my creamer and walking into the living room.

I sat down on my couch and grabbed my phone from its charger. I unlocked it and saw a text from Nikki.

"Should be by around 1-2 o'clock." Is all it read.

I replied back with a simple okay and turned on the TV, taking a sip of my coffee and putting it down.

After I did my regular morning routine, I walked upstairs to my bedroom and sat down at my desk to get my makeup and hair done. I looked in the mirror at myself.

I can't believe I'm 58, almost 59. I can't believe I had Frankie at 40, it didn't seem like I could have anymore kids since I was over 35, but she was a miracle. She obviously was meant to be here.

I smiled, thinking about my kids. I'm glad they're all coming over today. I miss when they all lived here, they're growing up way too fast.

I shook my head, too much thinking and not enough makeup. I started to do my makeup. It's already 10 o'clock, almost 11. Nikki should be here soon and I don't wanna be a slob.

"Moooom," Frankie whined.

I looked over at her from the other side of the couch and she has a pout on her face.

"Aren't you too old to be whining?" I asked with a smile.

"When's Dad getting here?" She asked.

"Honey, he said 1-2," I replied.

"It's 2:30!" She exclaimed.

"Well, you know how flights are and maybe he got caught up in traffic." I replied.

She sighed. "I know you're right. I just miss him." She said.

Before we got a chance to say anything else, I heard the front door being unlocked, the door opened and Nikki walked in with bags on his arms. He dropped the bags and smiled at us.

"There's my girls." He said.

Frankie got up and walked over to him, hugging him tightly. "I've missed you." She said.

He hugged her back. "I've missed you more." He said.

They released from their embrace and he looked at me.

"What're you staring at me for?" I teased.

"I've been away for 3 days and all I get is a smile?" He asked.

"Afraid so, I ran out of kisses. Sorry, babe." I shrugged.

He laughed and walked over to me. He lifted me up and I laughed as I wrapped my arms and legs around him. I looked down at him and he kissed me deeply. I kissed back and pulled my body closer to his.

"Ew, guys. Get a room." Frankie groaned, making us both laugh.

We broke the kiss and he put me back down on my feet. "I missed you, Bambi." He said.

I smiled wide. "Not as much as I missed you." I replied. "Let me help with your bags." I said and walked over to the bags on the floor.

"Babe, I got them." He said.

"I'm gonna help you, there isn't anything you can do to stop me." I said and picked up two bags.

He chuckled and picked up the other two, we walked to the bedroom and as soon as we got there, he dropped the bags and turned me around.

"Nikki, what're you–"

I got cut off when he lifted me up, making me drop the bags and laid me down on the bed, him getting over top of me. I smiled and bit my lip.

"I haven't had you for 3 days, what do you think I'm doing, Bambi?" He asked, quietly.

"Frankie's downstairs, babe." I said.

"We can be quiet. Just a quickie." He said and kissed my neck.

"Later." I said and kissed his lips. "I promise." I said.

He smiled. "Okay, I'm holding you to that promise." He said and got up.

He held his hands out for me, I grabbed his hands and he pulled me up. He kissed me one last time.

"Okay, let's get this stuff put away." I said.

He nodded. I walked back over to the bags and bent down to grab them, as soon as I did, Nikki smacked my ass. I stood up straight and looked at him.

"I'm sorry, I can't help myself." He said with a chuckle.

I put the dinner plate in front of Gunner and he smiled at me. "Thanks, Mom." He said.

"Of course." I replied and sat down next to Nikki. "We can all eat now, even though I told you all you don't have to wait till I sit down to eat." I said and laughed a little.

Nikki kissed my head. "Thanks for dinner, Bambi." He said.

"Okay, we have to know," Storm started. I looked over at her. "Why does Dad call you Bambi?" She asked.

I looked at Nikki and he was already looking at me, smiling. "That's kind of a long story." He said.

"We have time, we wanna know!" Decker said.

I laughed a little. "Wanna start from the beginning, love?" I asked Nikki.

"Yes, let's go back to the beginning." He replied and kissed my head.

I smiled and looked back at the kids. "Okay, well I just started as Mötley Crüe's wardrobe stylist..."

(A/N: THANK YOU ALL FOR READING THE REMASTERED VERSION OF AFRAID!! I had an amazing time writing it, I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did! I'm honestly really sad to see it go! But, for the last time for this story, Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye!!🧸)