Chapter 46.

Carly's POV

It's been a few days since Nikki's near fatal overdose and I don't know what to make of it. I almost lost the person who means the most to me. I never felt so much fear and sorrow in my life. I'm so afraid of losing him, if I wasn't sure of my feelings before this, I definitely am now. He's my everything, seeing him is like coming up for a breath of fresh air. When I look at him, everything makes sense.

I looked over at him sleeping, he hasn't been awake much since this happened. He hasn't touched any drugs since that night, when he got home, he shot up and passed out again but, since then, he hasn't wanted to do much of anything. He's been making himself pass out so he doesn't have to deal with the withdrawal.

I turned my body to face him and moved the hair out of his face. I felt tears fill my eyes. I love him so much, I love him so much that it almost hurts. It hurts me to see him doing this to himself. I leaned in and kissed the tip of his nose gently.

I leaned back on my pillow when I got an idea. It's kind of a crazy idea, but who cares. This needs to happen right now, no more waiting.

"Nikki, babe. Wake up." I said and gently shook him.

He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. He smiled slightly. "What's up, Bambi?" He asked.

"Let's get married." I replied.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "What?" He asked.

"Let's get married, right now." I said. "I mean literally right now, no more waiting. Let's go." I said.

He rubbed his eyes and sat up. "What do you mean? We don't even have any rings." He said.

I sat up with him. "Rings don't matter. All that matters is us getting married. I want you forever, I want to have your last name. I want you to be completely mine and I want to be completely yours." I said.

"You really want to like, literally right now?" He asked.

"Yes! Let's go! I love you, you love me. That's all that matters." I replied.

He smiled. "Okay, let's go." He said. "But, we have to wear something nice." He said.

I smiled wide and jumped up from the bed. I ran to the closet and pulled out a short white dress. I stripped from my clothes and put the dress on me. I looked back at Nikki who was smiling.

"It's not a traditional wedding dress but, it's white." I said.

He stood up. "You look beautiful." He said.

"Thank you, now you get something nice on." I said and kissed him gently.

He smiled and looked through his closet. He pulled out a button up black shirt and stripped from his clothes. He put the shirt on and grabbed a bow tie. He put it on and then pulled on some leather pants and finished everything off with a suit jacket.

I smiled wide and bit my lower lip. "We're getting married." I said happily.

He smiled with me. "I know, Bambi." He said and kissed my head.

——

After some calls and driving around to find a place, we finally found a courthouse. It's not glamours, but that doesn't matter. None of that matters. I don't want an extravagant wedding, I just want to be married to the love of my life.

We walked inside the courthouse, Vince, Tommy and Mick with us. I went to walk up the aisle when Nikki stopped me.

"We gotta do it traditional." He said. "You wait here. Tommy, come be my best man." He said.