Chapter 10 : Slumber Party

✎ 𝓮𝓭𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓭

After seeing the history of Derry, we left Ben's house. We all rode home, except for Eddie, who didn't have his bike. Me and Stan were now alone riding down my street.

"Do you have to go home yet?" He asks once we get close.

"No, they don't care when I get home." I look at the driveway before advancing towards it. No cars, perfect.

"Nobody is home," I tell him. "Do you want to meet my dog?" I offer with a smile.

"Sure," Stan smiles. We pull into the driveway.

"We have to hide out bikes here," I tell him, walking over to my hiding bush. It is right next to my window. 

I walk back to the front and take him to the front door and open it to let him inside. I practically run to my room and open the door. Chucho comes running out. He barks happily once he sees me. I sit on the floor and pet him while he licks me. I laugh and scratch him. I motion for Stan to sit. He is a little cautious but slowly sits on the floor next to me. Chucho notices Stanley and walks over to him. He sniffs Stan who sits there perfectly still. Chucho wags his tail eventually and Stan starts to pet him. I smile at the exchange between the two.

"What's his name?" Stan asks.

"Chucho," I tell him.

"Hi Chucho," He pets him excitedly. I reach over and pet Chucho with him. When I look up, I see Stan smiling at me.

"What?" I ask with a small smile.

"Nothing," He says, still smiling like an idiot. "You're really pretty," He blurts out. I feel my cheeks flush. I look down in embarrassment. He reaches over and tucks my hair behind my ear. I look up at him. He just smiles.

"Stanley Uris, did you just call me pretty?" I ask, making sure I heard him right.

"Maybe," He says with a smile. I blush more. If I blush even more, I might burst into flames.

"Deirdre, my bar-mitzvah is coming soon and I wanted you to come," He begins. "It'll be my-"

"Coming of age ceremony for the Jewish church," I finish for him. He looks surprised. "I'm not just another pretty face who knows nothing," I tell him with a small smirk. He smiles.

"Will you go to it for me?" He asks with a small pout. I smiled and looked at him. He looked so cute right now. I wish this moment could last forever.

"Sure, for you," I tell him. He smiles. God his smile is contagious, so I obviously smile back at him. He gets up and walks into my room. I follow him.

"So this is your room huh?" He asks, looking around. There are pictures of me and Chucho, even one of my parents when they actually got along and everything was good. But that was long ago, I need to stop living in the past and get over it, it's obviously never going to happen again.

"Yup," I respond, popping the p sound.

"It's nice," he tells me, holding up the picture of me and Chucho at the beach. He looks at it. I hear screeching coming from the driveway. I look through my window and see my mom is home earlier than I expected.

"Shit," I curse under my breath.

"What's wrong?" Stan asks, knowing something is obviously wrong.