Chapter 42 : Everybody Dies But I'm Forever Chasing After Life

I park and we all see Bill walking up to the house.
"Bill!" We call to him as we exit the car. He turns around.
"No, no you guys, no. I-I-I-I started all this, this is my fault that you're all here. This curse, this fucking thing that's been stalking you all, it started growing the day that I-I-I made you go into the barrens because all I cared about was finding G-G-G-G-Georgie. Now, I'm gonna go in there and I don't know what's gonna happen but I c-c-can't ask you to do this." Bill's eyes water as he stutters out nearly every word. Bev bends down and picks up the stick from the gate.
"Well, we're not asking you either." Bev stands and looks to him.
"We didn't do it alone then, so we're not gonna do this alone now," Mike says.
"Losers stick together." Ben nods his head. We can't let this thing hurt anyone else, Stan wouldn't want that.
"So does somebody wanna say anything like..." Eddie trails off.
"R-R-Richie said it best last time." Bill stutters out.
"I did?" Richie asks, clearly confused. "I don't wanna die?"
"Not that." Bill shakes his head softly.
"You're lucky we're not measuring dicks?" Richie frowns softly.
"No." Bill sighs.
"Let's go kill this fucking clown?" Richie looks to Bill for approval. He nods his head and Richie knows exactly what his line is now,
"Let's go kill this fucking clown." Richie finally says. We nod our heads.
"I have flashlights in my car," I speak up, smiling softly. They all nod at me and I run to grab them. When I return, we all go straight into the house. It's just as creepy and nasty as I last remember it. This time, black ooze runs down the walls.
"Someone's done some remodelling while we were gone," I remark softly
"Well, I love what he's done with the place." Richie curls his lip up slightly.
"Beep beep Richie," Bev remarks softly. We continue to walk through the spiderweb covered house. I swear it wasn't this nasty last time we were here. Bill, Richie and Eddie all walk ahead of us. Ben starts to scream and I run to him.
"Ben!" Bev calls back to us.
"What's wrong?" Bev asks, rushing to his other side. He gasps in pain as his shirt becomes red with blood in his stomach area. The guys yell from the other room while I can only stare at Ben in horror. Bev lifts up Ben's shirt and he's being carved by an unseen force. Something is being spelt out as we all scream.
"It'll be okay, Ben." I try to comfort him as his face contorts in pain and he screams. He falls to the floor as "Home at last" is carved into his stomach. I look up into the mirror and Pennywise has in a kinfe in its hand as it carves into Ben.
"Quick, cover the mirror," I yell. Nobody moves frome Ben's side so I grab the stick from Bev's hand and run over to the mirror, smashing it into pieces. We look back to Ben and his stomach is completely fine. And by fine, I do mean fine, damn that boy sure aged like fine wine.
"See, just as I said, you're fine." I chuckle nervously.
"Come on," Mike pulls Ben to his feet. I hand Bev her stick back and the boys scream in the other room. We all make a mad dash for them.
"Richie!" I call out. Their screams alert us as to exactly which door they're behind. Bev bangs on the door with her fists. Ben pushes Bev aside and he kicks the door in. We spill into the room and some head thing is barely being held off of Richie by Bill while Eddie stands in the corner paralysed with fear. Ben rushes into action and grabs a knife off of the floor, stabbing the head in the- well, head. He pulls the knife out and stabs it repeatedly. Bill finally rips it off of Richie and everyone lets out a sigh of relief. He tosses the head across the room. It gets back up slowly and I can see exactly whose head it is. It's Stanley. My hand goes up to my mouth and I gasp softly. It growls at us as it drags itself into the next room.
"Is everybody okay?" Bev asks, taking off her jacket for Richie to wipe his face on. I walk over to Eddie and put my hands on his shoulders.
"Eddie, are you okay?" I ask, looking into his eyes.
"I- I just want to go home," Eddie says softly, his voice cracking slightly.
"H-He could've fucking died man, you know that." Bill pushes me out of the way and he slams Eddie into the wall.
"Bill." I gasp.
"Georgie's dead and t-the kid is dead, Stan is dead, hes dead. D-do you want Richie too? Do you want Richie too!" Bill screams into Eddie's face.
"I don't, I don't, I don't." Eddie shakes.
"Bill, that's enough." I shove Bill off of Eddie. He looks down at me, shaking with rage.
"Please don't be mad, Bill. I was just scared." Eddie stutters, trying to hold back his tears.
"That's what it wants right. Don't give it to him." Bill's anger finally disappears and his voice softens.
"Come on, we still have to kill it," Mike speaks up.