Chapter 24 : Don't Leave

"Stanley, I will never leave you okay? Okay?" I tell him breathlessly. He nods with tears in his eyes still. 

I pull him close into another hug. We pull away as we hear a scream. Judging by the voice, its Eddie. I quickly help Stan back up and we rush down the tunnel, following the scream. I swung his arm over my shoulder. We find the boys rushing down the tunnels, through the dirty water.

"Guys!" I shout. They turn around and breathe a sigh of relief when they realise it's just me and Stan. Ben and Mike take Stan, relieving me of the extra weight. We walk in silence down the tunnel before stepping out of the water. Thank god, it was disgusting.

"Guys." I point to light up ahead, caused by a huge opening. We walk down the tunnel cautiously. We see a huge room with a huge trash pile and a floating- Beverly!

"H-how is she in the air?" Eddie asks.

"Guys." He says nervously, catching our attention. We look up where his flashlight is pointing. We see many more kids in the air.

"Are those..." Eddie asks very worriedly.

"The missing kids... Floating." Stanley finishes for him.

"They're not missing anymore," I remark, nervously breathing deeply.

"Help me grab her." We turn to look at Ben, Mike and Richie trying to get Bev out of the air. Ben pulls her down. I take a step closer, trying to see what's happening. She has a blank look on her face and her eyes are sort of like ice. They are shiny and light blue, sort of like those of a blind man.

"Bev." Ben shakes her gently. "Beverley. Why isn't she waking up? What is wrong with her?" He shouts. He's worried about her and is taking it out on us, I understand it.

"Beverley, please, come on." He pulls her into a tight hug. I look down in sorrow. I grab onto Stan's hand. Ben pulls away with a determined look on his face. I'm about to ask what he's going to do, but he kisses her! I stare with my mouth hanging open and a small smile on my face.

"Wow," Richie remarks. I look over to him. He catches my eyes and winks. I shake my head slightly and give him a disgusted look. She gasps and pulls away, her eyes returning to normal. I stare in disbelief. She looks at him with a gleam in her eyes.

"January embers." She says softly.

"My heart burns there too." He says. I bring my brows together in confusion.

"Jesus fuck." Richie remarks with a small laugh. He throws his arms around the two and hugs them. We all join in on the group hug. Beverly pulls away from the hug.

"Where's Bill?" She asks, looking at us. I shake my head and nod slightly into the direction he went off to.