Chapter 4 The dreams that didn't come.

Newt was sweet, I decided. Sweeter than all the rest of the kids is met so far.

He led me to a room on the end of the corridor,and opened the door for me.

"You can sleep here. A girl in the middle of a bunch of shank guys, not a good idea."

I thank him and stepped into the room. The room was really dirty and dusty, making me sneeze. It must have not been used in a long time. On the right side if the room a small mattress was shoved, and beside it, a drawer full of clothes. Boy clothes, yes, but at least they were clean.

I picked the smallest one and put it on over my previous thin one. Then I pulled the old one out from under it. It was still way too big, but comfy to sleep in. I wished I had a blanket but couldn't bring myself to go to one of the boys rooms. I was too tired anyway.

I flopped down on the springy mattress and tried to sleep. Things kept slipping in my mind, weird things like what time it was and what color my socks were. I didn't even know I had socks on. When I looked down, they were pink, just like I thought in my head.

When I closed my eyes, the world did that thing where you feel like your floating in a black abyss. But I kept them closed, and somehow I finally fell asleep.

I had no dreams. I woke up to Newt, staring down at me with especially caring eyes. As soon as he saw me wake up, he jerked back and hit his head on the dresser. I sat there staring at him while he rubbed the back of his head.

"Ouch. Sorry. I just didn't want to, ya know.... scare you."

Scare me? He was the one who jumped. I almost said that, but kept my mouth shut and shrugged.

"Um... Alby's called a gathering. Since its about you, he thought you should be there. You might want to *cough* change."

I looked down at my clothes and saw that the shirt had stretched out during the night and was halfway showing my bra.

'No!' I thought it my head. I hastily pulled at the shirt trying to salvage my dignity. Newt walked out, shutting the door behind him. He was probably laughing at me.

I did change, into a tiny tank thing Newt had left. Better to be too tight than too loose, right?

I walked out and saw jack standing at the steps. He walked over and felt my forehead, put a little bandaid on it, and ushered me out to a tent. A lot of the gladers were there, all sweaty and nasty.

'This is what the rest of my life is going to be like.' I thought.

-----------

If you have brown hair, leave a comment about something you liked from this story, and if you have blonde hair, leave a couple of votes. If you have red or any other color hair, please do both!!! We'll see how many brunets, blondes, and red heads there are!