Chapter 6 My New Job

I had found my new job in less than 5 minutes. Newt went through the list, and none really appealed to me, except the last one. A bricknick. They fix buildings and go around making sure everything is running smooth.

I chose it mostly cause it was easy. I had to walk a lot, but didn't mind. Newt held open the door to their base, and they had hammers in the trunks, nails, and planks of wood.

"There's a couple of benches and chairs that need fixing. Usually Gally would show you how to do all this, but...."

I got what he was saying. Newt handed me a belt, and it had a couple of tools already on it. A hammer, a knife, and a mini saw.

"Hopefully you won't ever have to use the knife."

Ya, no kidding.

There was a knock at the door, and Alby stormed into the room. He looked really angry, and flicked newts shoulder.

"Why 'edent you tell me she was awake?"

Newt shook his head, and said, "you were busy. I was going to-"

Alby cut him off abruptly and yelled, "GOING to tell me. Whatever. I can take it from here."

Newt turned to look at me while raising his eyebrows, and they asked if I was going to be ok. How sweet!!!!

I nodded, and Newt walked off. He didn't seem to care if he got yelled at.

One of the trillion things I loved about him.

Oh ma gush did I just say love?

It was just a thing people say, you know. Right?

RIGHT?

------

Again, Sry this was short. I just really wanted to upload something.