38. Date

Amara

On the following week after Four's confinement in the hospital, he asks me to spend a vacation abroad. It's just going to be the three of us. Darryl is so excited, like really excited. She talks about it all day. In the end, we agreed to go to Bali, Indonesia. I am just as excited as Darryl because who isn't? It's Bali! We will be staying in the famous 'millionaire's mile', the Saujana Estate. We will be staying in the clifftop villa which looks out over the white horses of the Indian Ocean and the delicate coral gardens below. It's breathtaking in pictures! And it is even more in person!

"Wow!" I gasp for the nth time at the beauty of the place that leaves every admiring eye in awe and fascination. If the place isn't perfect, I don't know what that is. It's literally a heaven-on-earth.

"Mommy loves the place obviously." Darryl exclaims to her father. The two both chuckles.

"Aba, ba't mo tinatawanan ang mommy ha?" Pabirong sita ko rito sabay kiliti sa kanya.

"Daddddddy!" She giggles as I keep tickling her. "Make her stop, dadddddy!" She squeals, hugging her father for alliance. "Stop, mom!"

Tuwang-tuwa si Four. Ang lapad ng ngiti niya habang pinapanood at pinapakinggan kami.

"All I'm saying is you are so cute, isn't she dad?" She explains after I stop poking her side with my finger.

"She is. She is always cute, honey." Four agrees to her flattery. Mag-ama nga sila. Ang galing mambola e.

"Tigilan niyo 'kong dalawa. Tara na sa room natin."

Ugh. Ang ganda talaga ng lugar. It's giving you the kind of peace that is beyond words. I cannot express accurately what my state of my mind is while in here. Darryl is knocked down on the bed not long after five minutes.  She must be very tired from our long flight. So I take my time to continue appreciating the beauty and nature of the place as I stay in the garden terrace of the villa. The spot gives me a panoramic view of the ocean. And it's so beautiful. Wow. Just wow.

"Are you happy, love?" Four asks who appears behind me without my knowledge. He hugs me from behind, making me realize one thing, nothing still compares to the beauty of being home—being in his arms.

"I am. It's not just the place, love. It's you and Darryl. I wouldn't enjoy this as much as I do now if it's not you that I'm with."

"Good to know we're both clear about that." He jokes. Being a jerk is really his natural state. Unhealthy or not, he is still a jerk—just an adorable and lovable one. "So babe, can I take you out on a date tomorrow before sunset?"

"Wow. So smooth. You know I love the beach, I love the sunset and I love you. How can I say no?"

His smile reaches his eyes and it's making my heart swell in a good way. I really love this man so much. Just by seeing his smile, knowing he's okay, I feel genuinely happy.

"I want it to be the date of century." I say after an idea pops in my head, remembering that the staff in the place recognize him earlier. They even ask for a photo with him and an autograph. "I want to know how it's like to date the Four Palmer."

"I was about to ask you that. I want a grand date. We never had that before because you always want things to be simple." Okay. Guilty as charged. "Don't worry because I came prepared. Someone's going to look after our angel." Nakangising saad niya. What does that mean? "Nanay Lucing will be here in three or five hours. I intentionally book her to a different flight as ours." He explains.

Like he planned it, Nanay Lucing arrives at the place on the next day. When the afternoon comes, Four is nowhere to find. Worry replaced the excitement I feel. Hindi ako mapakali. Alam naman kasi nating may sakit siya at minsan ay bigla-bigla siyang nahihilo.